The robot was submerged in water )=

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
Hey guys
tl;dr at bottom. I don't even know what that stands for...

I have a quick story. Once upon a time a man and his droid went out on the lake for some bonding. As the droid drove the boat and I skiied behind it he noticed water at his feet. Next thing he knew the boat was taking on a lot more water and quickly went to shore. As I had no idea what was going on since I was swimming to get back on the boat my droid had become a fatality of becoming drenched in the lake and there was nothing I could do till it was too late.

So warranty's typically don't cover this but I put my claim in and the normal droids are on back order so I have no idea when I'll get another if at all.

I put it in rice and everything nice and left it for a while (about a day) and tried turning it on today. It did turn on but the screen never came to life. I noticed that pressing buttons like home and back still engaged the haptic feedback. Then I made as I was going to unlock the phone and it felt like it would have as if I really did unlock it. (vibrate to touch and vibrate when it gets slid over signaling unlock)

I put it back in the rice for now, do you guys think the screen will come back and I can continue on my merry way?

I once went swimming with a phone a long time ago and it eventually worked after a couple days so I'm trying to remain hopeful

tl;dr: phone got wet, appears to work, but screen doesn't turn on do you think it will work after a few days?

mwestenk

Reaction score
i dropped my droid into a cooler while bartending for a party. it worked for the rest of the night but when i tried to power it back up the next day, it never came back on... or so i thought. pushing the power button didnt seem to do anything, so i tossed it on my bed and noticed that i could see a faint picture on the screen, it was my home screen. i was able to unlock it and read things but had to keep the phone at an angle.

knowing that it still worked, i took a hairdryer to it (only for a little so that i didnt melt anything) and then put it in a bag of rice. i left it in the bag of rice for a few days and that seemed to get the water out of it. the little water stickers in the battery component even went slightly back to normal.

i decided to take it back to the verizon store and very POLITELY told them that my backlight had malfunctioned but everything still worked (ie. calls, vibrate, etc.)
i made sure to speak to the manager first before talking to a sales person and the manager simply said that they would check to see if they had any in the back. she came out with a refurbished one and had another person set me back up.

no questions asked, nothing about water, how i did it, warranty, who i was.. NOTHING

moral of the story, verizon is always great with customer service as long as you are courteous to them. so i would take it in and see if they have any refurbs. so hopefully when they have more in stock, theyll give ya one.

good luck

OP
R

Rocky_Droid

Reaction score
Thanks for the links and suggestions. I'm gonna give it a day or two and if it doesn't work then I'll bring it to a verizon store. Biggest problem is that my water sticker is very red, crossing fingers they don't check it.