The OnePlus 5's Reported Specs Make It a Genuine Flagship Killer

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oneplus-5-dual-rear-cameras-2-810x298_c-jpg.77581

OnePlus has fancied their devices as flagship killers over the years. The main selling point has been high end specs for reasonable prices. This year The OnePlus 5 may be the best example of that philosophy. While the phone is set to be announced in less than a week some of the specs are already leaking out. Earlier we saw a benchmark that showed a OnePlus device with a Snapdragon 835 and 8GB of RAM. A report from a source close to OnePlus confirms this along with other specs.

Apparently the device will have a 5.5" 1080p display, 6GB/64GB and 8GB/128GB options, 3,300mah battery, dual lens camera with 20MP and 16MP sensors, ceramic coated fingerprint scanner on the front, Dash Charge, and will start off at just $479. Staying under $500 will be the best thing OnePlus can do to make this phone sell like crazy! We will have more info on this device as it is made available.

via Tecnoblog

Attachments

• OnePlus-5-Dual-Rear-Cameras-2-810x298_c.jpg
    OnePlus-5-Dual-Rear-Cameras-2-810x298_c.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 4,281

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally back to 1080p screens! At least someone is thinking with their right head.
Exactly, I mean sure my screen is 2k but there's absolutely no reason for my 5-6 inch screen to have as many pixels as my 65" television... it takes more battery power and it honestly doesn't look as good.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'd buy one, if it were available for Verizon.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
It would probably be on my short list of possible new phones also, if it was available for big red.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

clavicl3

Reaction score
So if I were to get a phone from China, can I use it on Verizon in the US?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Probably could but a lot of features like HD voice and wifi calling might not work. And it's not guaranteed to have all the bands because it's not CDMA device.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
So if I were to get a phone from China, can I use it on Verizon in the US?
I would say unlikely, Verizon would have to authorize it on their Network and I don't see them doing that.

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would say unlikely, Verizon would have to authorize it on their Network and I don't see them doing that.

If the phone has the correct radio bands for working on Verizon, all you need is a valid Verizon SIM card. I took the Verizon SIM out of my Verizon Note 4 and stuck it in a Nexus 6P (which Verizon never sold or authorized), and it's worked great for almost two years now.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
That phone looks A LOT like my iPhone 7 plus....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If the phone has the correct radio bands for working on Verizon, all you need is a valid Verizon SIM card. I took the Verizon SIM out of my Verizon Note 4 and stuck it in a Nexus 6P (which Verizon never sold or authorized), and it's worked great for almost two years now.
However, to be sold in the U.S. the phone needs FCC approval and an FCC ID which is what Verizon requires in order to use a phone on the network. Which, is what the Nexus 6P and all other "unlocked" phones recieve. Now, I don't know all the requirements involved in order to get a new phone on their Network, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say money transfers hands. Otherwise, why wouldn't you slap a CDMA antenna in their and expand your customer pool.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally back to 1080p screens! At least someone is thinking with their right head.

Now if we could just get some one to make a flagship with a 4.7" display....Apple still does it, so there must be a market if you actually make that with decent specs.