The "Official" Waiting for an Update Thread

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
JSM9872 and Syndicate0017,both of you were rite.Its called CLNR,was on phone talkin to rep about issue with phone and I asked her.

wolfman4u

Reaction score
Looks like 4.0.4 update finally broke. Looks like time to close this god awful thread.

king_43

Reaction score
[h=6]If you want to force 4.04 to your phone, clear data and force stop the app Google framework services and then check for updates. It took me about five times and it worked. I'm running Android 4.04 now.[/h]

jimpetey

Reaction score
If you want to force 4.04 to your phone, clear data and force stop the app Google framework services and then check for updates. It took me about five times and it worked. I'm running Android 4.04 now.

This works. Worked on my second try yesterday.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I tried this trick about 10 times and it didn't work. Someone on AC suggested clearing the cache, disabling the service and re-booting the phone. That worked for me, I'm installing the update now :)

alboboy10

Reaction score
The phone became blazing fast...huge improvement with radios too. And the auto rotate

But as far as battery goes, slight improvement nothing big. Android OS is no longer at 30 at least

wolfpackron

Reaction score
Will this update work on a Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone that is unlocked and rooted with Gummy installed? I have tried the Google Services Trick w/Force stop and Clear data 8-10 times with no success. Thanks in advance for the help. WolfpackRon.

steveil

Reaction score
I don't know if this worked for me or not. Tried thia last night a few times with no apparent results. Woke up this AM and the update was waiting for me.

WinstonSmith

Reaction score
I tried this trick about 10 times and it didn't work. Someone on AC suggested clearing the cache, disabling the service and re-booting the phone. That worked for me, I'm installing the update now :)

That didn't work for me either. I can't seem to draw this update out!

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
That didn't work for me either. I can't seem to draw this update out!

If you are doing the trick correctly that is all you can do. Not everyone will be able to get it on first try.

If you really don't want to wait, you should be able to download it and flash it manually.