The OFFICIAL "I got my HTC Droid DNA" thread

killer_bee

Reaction score
Im getting mine soon also. Cant beat a free droid dna.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

killer_bee

Reaction score
Im usually super careful with my phone at all times. Would you guys recommend a case and screen protector?

killer_bee

Reaction score
Just took advantage of the Free sort of offer Thursday. Will have 2 HTC DNA's one for myself and one for my wife on Monday. There was a $30 upgrade charge for each one. I am a long time Verizon Customer and My upgrade date wasnt until June 4th and I finally after a few different calls found someone that helped me and processed my order and changed my upgrade date so I could take advantage of this offer. Still not a bad deal at all. This phone is being discontinued for sure my guess since this offer ends the 21st and the new big announcement is on the 22nd probably for the HTC ONE. But from reading all of the comments from people out there they are very happy with this phone.

I'm glad someone was able to help you. I also got my upgrade date changed in order to get this deal. Granted i was going to be able to update on the 21st of this month, the day the promotion ends but I didn't want to risk them running out of stock.

alanb4130

Reaction score
Im usually super careful with my phone at all times. Would you guys recommend a case and screen protector?

Here is my suggestion on the case and screen protector issue. With these newer phones with full almost edge to edge screens it makes them a little more apt to possibly break. Gorilla glass is pretty strong stuff. So it is still smart to get a case. And it is a good idea to get screen protectors. There are so many styles of cases out there for really cheap. Depending on which style you want. I just got a holster case with kick stand for $10 dollars and got 6 screen protectors for 3. In the least get a case that gives a few millimeters protection from the screen hitting a surface. And the styles are cool on some of them.

alanb4130

Reaction score
I'm glad someone was able to help you. I also got my upgrade date changed in order to get this deal. Granted i was going to be able to update on the 21st of this month, the day the promotion ends but I didn't want to risk them running out of stock.

It took me about 5 trys to find someone to help that could help me and I did have to send him the link for the promotion . But he did with no issue change my upgrade date so I could participate with the offer. From what I read this is a very good phone. A few cons but what doesnt have a few cons. The price is right as well.

killer_bee

Reaction score
Just got mine today. Successfully upgraded from my droid bionic while retaining my unlimited data. I'm loving this phone so far.

Sent from my DROID DNA

MoMo662

Reaction score
Got my "FREE" DNA yesterday - Damn this thing is HUGE - I hope I get used to it. I Love it though :i-m_so_happy:

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive had my DNA for a while... Its totally B.A. Also, there is rumored to be a boot loader unlock for it soon.

phoneman95

Reaction score
Got this at best buy for free back on the 26th of July. Trial period ends after tomorrow, but there is nothing I would want, unless theIPhone 5 or S4 was free, kidding. DNA is very impressive. Love that its quad core and that it competes with the S4 and HTC one anyways. Hope everyone is still enjoying their DNA. Peace

Last edited:

Dickgtax

Reaction score
My only complaint is that I'm unhappy with the battery life. I don't get through a full day without having to recharge - and that's
doing anything special. Also, Google Navigation disappeared, and the only GPS that seems to be available is Verizon Navigator which
you have to pay for monthly.

Psykho

Reaction score
My only complaint is that I'm unhappy with the battery life. I don't get through a full day without having to recharge - and that's
doing anything special. Also, Google Navigation disappeared, and the only GPS that seems to be available is Verizon Navigator which
you have to pay for monthly.

Navigation is integrated into Google maps now.. Search an address and it will give you route options...

autostart26

Reaction score
Ihad iPhones above they came out but just traded my I5 for a red :icon_ devil:DNA and love it so far want to root it but need to put on my straight talk act first do I have tip get it flashed or can I put a sim in and hook it up dancedroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Hello,

A while back, just after getting my new DNA, I posted about, among other things, Lookout Plan B to secure your phone if it ever gets lost or stolen and you didn't think to set up something like Cerberus or Lookout in advance -- or if a thief disabled whatever you had on there.

Well, I've since been informed that Lookout Plan B only works with phones up to Gingerbread (specifically, up through 2.3.7 these days).

Got a phone with ICS on up (or for that matter a tablet with Honeycomb*)? Take heart!

I just found out about Android Lost:

How to find a lost or stolen Android phone [Android 101]

It's all the way at the bottom of the article because it's a "last resort" -- only because it's so generally reliable it works where so many other solutions fail.

As long as you've got Froyo 2.2 on up, you're good to go even after the fact. Though I have no personal experience with it, it sounds worth a try.

[*] Yes, this works on tablets too, albeit obviously minus certain functions.

Good luck!

Jeff Deutsch