The new update

JScharf92

Reaction score
Has anyone downloaded the update yet? I'm downloading it and wondering what to expect. Anything big?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lark214

Reaction score
Yes I did and so far it is much better. I just hope it stays that way!

gennie

Reaction score
There's an update?

Leung

Reaction score
Yeah there is an update. Its suppose to update the software for the radio to help solve the dropping of 3G connectivity.

kevinkar

Reaction score
I installed it last night. I don't notice anything major yet. I will note the following:

1) The problem with Google Sky Map, Google Maps Street View Compass Mode, and any other similar app that uses the accelerometers and compass appear to be fixed but not 100%. The right/left reversal is fixed but the up/down angled motion is patched in some fashion that makes the motion really jerky and not smooth like it was in Froyo and before. So, while "fixed" it's not where it needs to be.

2) The overly bright hard buttons are still there. I took my OtterBox cover off to check and sure enough, the ridiculously bright lights are still there and do indeed go on/off at odd times. That really needs a configuration GUI so we can decide and set the way we want them to work.

3) The "turn on right after turn off" issue is still there. I turned the phone off last night and it was on the counter this morning with the LED blinking so I knew immediately it was on again. I checked the UpTime info and it was on for 9 hours 30 minutes. Right after I turned it off.

4) The long-press of the period key to bring up additional punctuation pop up still disappears if you remove your finger from the screen to select a key. You still have to hold your finger on the screen, slide to the key you want and then release. That's not how that's supposed to work.

So all of my major Gingerbread gripes are still there after this so-called bug fix.:icon_evil:

Fumbles93

Reaction score
Weirdly enuff, since i got gingerbread on my X, and its 100% stock, not rooted or anything, the default multi-touch keyboard is unusable. It has a problem where i'll use it to text people and it will get laggy and exit out mid-typing and wut-not.

I was hoping this update would fix it but it didn't so it still does it. Fortunately, i found a great keyboard on the amazon marketplace that was free a few weeks ago and its great, but it'd be nice if the regular keyboard got fixed...