Gingerbread Gingerbread Where R U?

C

cdexsw

i see it like this........

if you install the OTA and find you cannot root or it has many issues......you can SBF back to Pre-GB (Froyo) and install the leak....

my .02

My understanding from P3Droid was that you cannot SBF back from .596. Once you are there, you are there until it gets rooted.

well then, i am not one to argue with p3 then. i *hope* that this is not the case.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
Newley released User Manual for the Droid X2 shows instructions for operating the phone that has Gingerbread as it's OS!

Rocko

Reaction score
They won't give us GB until they sell many DX2's. Its all about the money. I say 4-6 months after they release the X2.

Scubamike

Reaction score
Wait! What?! But you said-....

They won't give us GB until they sell many DX2's. Its all about the money. I say 4-6 months after they release the X2.

Rocko, in another thread you told us you miraculously survived an attack from a sensei, assassin, samuri-death-ninja and he spoke of Android updates coming on the 26th of May, which seems totally believable I might add.

Now you're saying 4-6 months away, Rocko. Listen, if you survive an attack from a ninja assassin and he imparts words of wisdom regarding smart phones, which they always do, you can count on whatever he says to be ABSOLUTELY true. Either you're pulling our leg about your dangerous encounter or you're making the fatal mistake of doubting your stealthy, late-night visitor's words.

teg94

Reaction score

Okay I'll bite... Do you actually have something factual to back this up? Or are you merely trying to start another baseless Internet rumor?

leonozug

Reaction score

No way they're gonna make us wait that long man. Unless you have a crystal ball, I wouldn't say that. Best thing you can do is follow P3Droid on twitter. He always has all the info on anything Droid X that is happening and everything people want to know.

Guyute

Reaction score
No need to wait people. Liberty rom Gingerbread v.5 is awsome runs much better than froyo looks great, all the rooted goodness you could ask for and don't forget netflix. I have netflix running flawlessly on my DX with liberty GB .5 You guys can keep on waiting if you want. I'm enjoying it right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

uberbdon

Reaction score
No need to wait people. Liberty rom Gingerbread v.5 is awsome runs much better than froyo looks great, all the rooted goodness you could ask for and don't forget netflix. I have netflix running flawlessly on my DX with liberty GB .5 You guys can keep on waiting if you want. I'm enjoying it right now.

6LU7H.png

Scubamike

Reaction score
Seriously?

GPS and WIFI don't work in the liberty rom or on the leaked GB at all? I'm kicking around the idea of updating to one of the leaked version.

zero7404

Reaction score
GPS and WIFI don't work in the liberty rom or on the leaked GB at all? I'm kicking around the idea of updating to one of the leaked version.

the leaks work fine ... i've used 573, 588 and now on 591. everything works.

Guyute

Reaction score

6LU7H.png

That's gross, and GPS and WIFI do work, everything works.

ajb3985

Reaction score
U kiddin me, that guys a ladykiller!!

ajb3985

Reaction score
O, and by the way, im on liberty 2.0.1...so how can i flash over to liberty .5? Can i just buy the donated toolbox to upgrade or will i have to install it all myself?

Reaction score
I'm not in too much of a hurry for the GB update cause I'm just gonna stick with the version of GB I have now until they figure out a way to root he official GB version (if they can find a way, *fingers crossed*) I actually may go back to Froyo for a lil bit just too try out a few other roms I hadn't gotten the chance to yet since I just got my DX 2 months ago, I only got around to trying a few Froyo based roms before the GB leak came out and I flashed to that. But I'm thinking the last week of may first week of June is when we will see the official OTA of GB for the DX followed by the D2 and D2G getting it sometime in June or July. Just my guess anyways

DroidinatorX

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question...

I have a Rooted Droid X running Android 2.2.1 MB810 and flashed for Metro PCS with everything working (internet, email, pix msg, everything!), I really want to upgrade to Gingerbread so that I can get the Netflix app (I've also read that GB is faster and less cumbersome). I'm worried that I'll lose my Metro flash or settings allowing me to send pix msgs, internet, email... I don't know how to make all that stuff work again, I bought the phone this way... can anyone give me any advice? anybody know if I'll lose the ability to email and get on the internet? or lose my Root?

Thanks in advance for any info you guys can give me!