Gingerbread Gingerbread Where R U?

cece5702

Reaction score
Has anyone received the OTA update yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Reaction score
Yeah, sounds a little off to me, but thats the story. By then everyone will be lined up for the X2. Whether I want it or need it, I'm still drawn to it. Apparently the Charge drops tomorrow as well.....I'll believe it when i see it.

Wow just like the X2!
Has anyone received the OTA update yet?

Rumored in another post to be delayed until the 26th from ninja.

DXm0dx92

Reaction score
The updates are rolling out now, and have been in small batches for 2 weeks. VZW confirmed this with me over the phone when talking to tier 2 tech support. dancedroid

krazzyjman

Reaction score
Has anyone actually received the update though, because I haven't seen anyone say they actually have it. I really hope we get it today.

Draken

Reaction score
i doubt its been rolling out for 2 weeks, someone would have posted something about it

DXm0dx92

Reaction score
Some one would have posted then right?

I'm scouring XDA forums as well as this site to see. I know the channel support wouldn't lie. Also, VZW received analytics via the reoccurring sync icon we all got (if you flashed 2.3.3 v 4.5.588) so hopefully the mass-release will occur soon with further updates. I am checking right now to see an official date from VZW through the hookups I have. It was supposed to release at midnight but rumors of a 10 day delay are everywhere. Those members higher in the corporate chain do know more but a little cross-referencing never hurt.

C

cdexsw

The updates are rolling out now, and have been in small batches for 2 weeks. VZW confirmed this with me over the phone when talking to tier 2 tech support. dancedroid

thats funny, i just got off the phone with VZW Tech support and checked the website.

Tech says the GB update MAY come around (most likely after) the official launch date of the X2. VZW does not want to hamper the sales of the X2 by releasing the GB update before X2 has launched.

VZW has no official release date yet and their system shows NO update has been pushed via vzw or google servers.

I have heard of NO ONE getting the official OTA release of GB pushed within the last 2weeks.

so unless you can provide proof (not calling a bluff of saying your wrong) then there is/has been no ota pushed that is considered the official release.

Best source is the DX update website. when GB comes available the website WILL reflect the latest ota. this is the best way to stay up to date in addition to these forums.

sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

chefb

Reaction score
It kind of makes sense why update the of dx if you havea new one coming with gb soon. Hense sell the new one then update the old. They have to make sure x2 sells first

C

cdexsw

It kind of makes sense why update the of dx if you havea new one coming with gb soon. Hense sell the new one then update the old. They have to make sure x2 sells first

yes it does.