The LG V30 POLED Display Suffers From Uniformity Issues

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
djf3mxyxkaaxkqt-jpg.77854

LG has been using LCD displays in their flagship devices for years. Some folks prefer the more natural colors that these displays provide however they don't get nearly as bright as OLED displays and are more difficult to see in bright sunlight.

LG has finally decided to switch over to an OLED display on the V30 which was pretty exciting news at first. A photo has been circulating showing that the V30 suffers from uniformity issues when compared to Samsung's OLED display. It should be noted that the photo is showing a pre-production unit. If there is a real issue here hopefully it will be fixed before final units are shipped. Do you see this being a big issue for the LG V30?

via @AndruEdwards

Attachments

• DJF3mxyXkAAxkQT.jpg
    DJF3mxyXkAAxkQT.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 6,576

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I know I'm sounding selfish right now but I'ma say it anyway. I hope this is not a problem with the Pixel XL 2.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm with you both... Preproduction unit let's see with more phones in hand.. And yes Pixel XL 2 best NOT have display issues lol

Sent using Tapatalk

ayanav

Banned
Reaction score
Despite its excellent IPS screen, the LG G6 suffered from the comparison with the superb OLED screen of the Galaxy S8. A situation that is all the more ironic that on the market of televisions, LG masterfully outrageously this technology. We find OLED on the V30, with a quality of display that sets the bar very high. If the slab of the LG product succeeds in ensuring a good level of brightness, the copy will be perfect.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
iphone 8 galaxy note 5

Last edited:

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I've never trusted just one picture on the Internet, ever. Too easy to manipulate images to get your agenda across. Besides, how does it look with the screen actually on and doing stuff?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
The last LG phone I had was the LG G5 and it suffered from the same thing. I replaced the first one due to the issue and the second one was similar. I stuck with it for a few months but was unfortunate that it had screen issues.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
What is the uniformity issue? The fact that the bottom of the phone looks a bit brighter? Can't tell if that's just the camera taking the photo.