LG V30 May Ditch The Secondary Display

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lgv30concept31-470x310-2x-jpg.77623

LG's V series is their top of the line power user series. One of the standout features of the series over the past few years has been the secondary display. This display provided quick access to important apps and information whether the display was on or off. It seems that the feature won't be making it's way to the V30 in favor of an 18:9 bezel free display like what we saw with the G6. The screen is expected to be OLED instead of the LCD we are used to seeing in LG devices.

via XDA

Attachments

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
wouldn't that just make it and LG G7 then?2
Probably not. The V series is like Sammy's Note series, and the G series is like their Galaxy series.

I do like the second screen, but I also like the possibility of OLED. What's a boy to do?!

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Probably not. The V series is like Sammy's Note series, and the G series is like their Galaxy series.

I do like the second screen, but I also like the possibility of OLED. What's a boy to do?!
That's like taking the stylus out of the note, that just makes it an s8+ essentially.

The V series has always had the second screen, just like the note has always had the stylus.

I think oled is entirely plausible, I'm just hoping they make it water proof like the g6

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk