The Lapdock 100 for the OG Motorola Droid RAZR Drops to $50 Bucks; Sold Out Online

pftwanger

Reaction score
A quick note of thanks to the original poster. I bought the last one at my local Verizon store yesterday for $49.99 before tax. The sales associates didn't know about the new price, and I would not have known about it without this forum. For $50 I'm loving it. The screen, keyboard and battery are totally worth it. But the trackpad is awful. Get a USB mouse and really enjoy your new toy!

jaybogg

Reaction score
Another big thanks to the OP. Saw this thread this morning, hopped in the car to the local VZW. Lady went in the back, came back and said they were out of stock. She called it up on the computer, said all of Metro Houston showed out of stock but their store showed 2. She got the manager, they went in the back, and I got the next to last one in all of Houston. Lady Luck smiled on me today. The employees, including manager, were unaware of the price reduction.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
That is super, you two! Enjoy!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

jaybogg

Reaction score
That is super, you two! Enjoy!

Thanks Tis. My birthday came early!! 57th is in about 3 weeks, this will be my gift to myself! Have always used my laptop, tethered when necessary, because quite frankly, these old eyes and mobile apps for any length of time don't agree. Maybe this lapdock will change all that. Initial impressions are good, but mousepad is bad. Takes several swipes to get where you want to go. Maybe an external mouse is in my future!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Well I think that is a nice early birthday present! I know what you mean about them eyes... not the same as they used to be. I wonder if just a plain ole USB mouse would work on the lapdock. I hate my mouse pad on my laptop so always use a USB one instead.

Happy Birthday to you!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I will confirm that an USB mouse is a nice addition to any lapdock!

Happy early birthday @jaybogg!!

jaybogg

Reaction score
Thanks Tis, smalltowngirl13. Nice to know a regular USB mouse will work. When I got my phone in Jan, I got a HD dock/car dock bundle, but it was the old HD with no USB's on back. Now I have USB ports as well! :biggrin: I use the HD dock as a bedside dock, so now I will have my big screen TV capabilities back without having to unplug/move the HD dock which was a hassle so I rarely used the webtop feature. I really feel I will start to become more of a "droid head" with this accessory!

pftwanger

Reaction score
Hey Tis and Jaybogg:

Big vote for the USB mose here. Note the last sentence of my first post. I lasted less than 24 hours using the built-in trackpad, then immediately went digging through the closet for any old USB mouse I could find. Enjoyment went up 100%!

Other than that I have no complaints. The screen is HD and bright (and easy on the eyes as Jaybogg noted). The keyboard is a big improvement over any virtual keyboard, and the extra battery goes a long way toward easing the traditional RAZR user's battery anxiety.

I've been a long time lurker here. It's nice to be able to say thanks,. Hey smalltowngirl, I've learned a few things from your posts over the last couple of years as well!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ahh, that is really cool pftwanger! So any USB mouse will work. Super! Just take the one from your PC Jaybogg (until you hear one of your family members scream, "who took the mouse?") That lapdock would work perfectly for me... I would just use my laptop mouse. Now I just have to get a break to be able to go see if there are any lapdocks available in any of the Verizon stores around here.

pftwanger

Reaction score
Hey Tis:

Move with haste. I get the feeling that VZ hasn't replaced these in ages, so they're just dumping old stock. If the sales people aren't too busy they may be able to check availability in the area for you.

Until a couple days ago I was watching all the new announcements with envy and counting the days until I could upgrade. Now I may end up being the last guy on earth with an OG RAZR. This lapdock really does put the joy back in RAZRing!

jaybogg

Reaction score
Typing in desktop version of DF. Truly like a netbook. Tunes playing in background through Lapdock speakers, happy as a pig in...well you know!! Poked around and found touchpad settings, increased sensitivity, it is livable now. Used to have a little 2-3 inch travel mouse, given as swag by a vendor. Don't know what came of it, have used touchpads for years now, might give this one a try and see if I adapt to it. Hate to have to start carting accessories straight out of the starting blocks. I am truly impressed for 50 bucks. Wishing you the best of luck Tis and initial impressions, would recommend to anyone asking.

JayBusa102709

Reaction score
smalltowngirl13 said:
That is most likely the price on the box - but it should ring up at $49.99 price...

Did you call a corporate store? Wireless zone stores will never match that price.

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
Forgive me for sounding stupid, but what is the lapdock useful for or at least what are the benefits of using / owning one? Also, is this price good at locations like BJ's, Sams, Costco and mall kiosk locations?