• This war is stupid

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I prefer Android. I don't like apple here are my reasons.

Illl admit Android has issues but not every device has had issues like apple. Plus iPhone has no 4g capabilities. Also Android is more advanced

your kidding right? there is not a single android device that has come out and did not have issues. Why do you think every android phone has gotten numerous updates? TO FIX ISSUES

not to mention battery life on EVERY android is poor at best. I have a work provided iPhone 4S and for the most part get 36+ hours out of a single charge with heavy use. (Per day i send recieve 100-300 emails, 100+ texts, 3+ hours of pandora on 3G, and usually 3-6 hours of phone talk time...not to mention random GPS time every other day or so.)

Leach19m

Droid X Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Every os has issues with every device. There has never been a perfect phone released with no glitches or well knows issues. Software is very difficult to perfect.

True. But to claim apple has issues with every device as a strike against it, implying that the competition doesn't is just plain wrong. If we were to compare the average number and severity of bugs on apple devices next to android devices, I think we all can admit to knowing which side would be weighed much more heavily.

down1plus2

Reaction score
I choose Android because I've always been a fan of Linex, and Android is the closet thing to it. Not to mention I love the idea if things being a "open source" for others to develop and not jus one company having all the power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

uberbdon

Reaction score
I choose Android because I've always been a fan of Linex, and Android is the closet thing to it. Not to mention I love the idea if things being a "open source" for others to develop and not jus one company having all the power.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Wut...?

alboboy10

Reaction score
your kidding right? there is not a single android device that has come out and did not have issues. Why do you think every android phone has gotten numerous updates? TO FIX ISSUES

not to mention battery life on EVERY android is poor at best. I have a work provided iPhone 4S and for the most part get 36+ hours out of a single charge with heavy use. (Per day i send recieve 100-300 emails, 100+ texts, 3+ hours of pandora on 3G, and usually 3-6 hours of phone talk time...not to mention random GPS time every other day or so.)

No way. I have friends with iPhones and battery doesn't last that long. Especially with that much usage. I killed about 7% of my friends battery in a less than 15 minutes browsing the web.

fireman00

Reaction score
... I have a work provided iPhone 4S and for the most part get 36+ hours out of a single charge with heavy use. (Per day i send recieve 100-300 emails, 100+ texts, 3+ hours of pandora on 3G, and usually 3-6 hours of phone talk time...not to mention random GPS time every other day or so.)

I'm calling shenanigans! My team at work is made up of 4 Apple users and 6 Droid users... the Apple users are looking to borrow power chargers just as often as the Droid users.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I was agreeing with this until you said EVERY phone. My Nexus doesn't even have a very good battery and the life is pretty damn good for getting over 20hrs. And then there's the MAXX.. if more phone like this start coming out, that'll be non issue.

Now past android phones and cheap ones usually pretty bad battery. To clear things up I'm not denying most iPhones have awesome battery. Hopefully that stays if they get LTE in the next version.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like them both... :biggrin: (and wp7!!)

And to add to what Ben said, if this gets even remotely disrespectful or remotely out of hand, it'll be closed. So check yourself before you wreck yourself... :tongue:
Let me break it down for those who dont understand-"Check yo self,fo you wreck yo self FOOL!!!!!!!" :p

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I was agreeing with this until you said EVERY phone. My Nexus doesn't even have a very good battery and the life is pretty damn good for getting over 20hrs. And then there's the MAXX.. if more phone like this start coming out, that'll be non issue.

Now past android phones and cheap ones usually pretty bad battery. To clear things up I'm not denying most iPhones have awesome battery. Hopefully that stays if they get LTE in the next version.

Sent from my XT862 using DroidForums

One thing we have to remember is:

1) The Android OS and iOS are different. The iOS is designed to work with that single phone and no other.

2) Android has widgets that can sap power (like the Facebook widget)

3) Apple makes sure every app will work with their OS

In short: Put an android OS in an iPhone and see how long that battery will last.

That being said, I admit that if the iPhone came out on Verizon at the same time I was getting my LG Voyager, I'd probably have gotten the iPhone.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
One thing we have to remember is:

1) The Android OS and iOS are different. The iOS is designed to work with that single phone and no other.

2) Android has widgets that can sap power (like the Facebook widget)

3) Apple makes sure every app will work with their OS

In short: Put an android OS in an iPhone and see how long that battery will last.

That being said, I admit that if the iPhone came out on Verizon at the same time I was getting my LG Voyager, I'd probably have gotten the iPhone.
When I had my LG enV Touch, and went to upgrade, I would have upgraded to the iPhone as well had it been available. Glad it wasn't.

iOS fits the iPhone perfectly.. it also consumes less battery because everything running on it is meant to be running on it unless jailbroken. Android is still iffy with some stuff.

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
i don't like ios at one time i was a huge fan but never was against android just loved android then i got my first android powered smart phone the glorious d1 and didn't look back. Now my problem with ios users in general is their full of themselves everyone i talk to i like customization without having to jailbreak or do anything against apple's wishes and their only is excuse is well i don't want to do that stuff.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I've personally made a bunch of iPhone s users have phone envy with a bionic and my MAXX. It makes my day to open there eyes to how customized the droids can be.

That said, there are pros and cons on both sides of the coin. If you want a smooth phone and don't like to tinker.... IOS is probably for you. IMHO

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's keep this about our personal preferences about each OS, not the people that own them. There are fanboys on both sides and rational users on both sides as well.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Let's keep this about our personal preferences about each OS, not the people that own them. There are fanboys on both sides and rational users on both sides as well.

You're right. Fixed

sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX