The Hacked Version of Netflix No Longer Working; Real Market Version Does

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
http://db.tt/SPuFdz0
Anyone having an issue, try my dropbox link. Its a copy of the one i just installed on my d2 to replace the devicecheck disabled one. Hope it works (I'm on froyo d2)

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

It worked! I want to make out with your drop box.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Great. Haha

Thank you for the dropbox link. I installed it on my Thunderbolt. I was able to log in but as soon as I go to play I get a : "Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit netflix.com (1011). :p SO CLOSE.

Haha. Thanks again.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
So it didn't work? That sucks. Maybe it was only a server issue. Try it again

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
On TB you either need to change some lib files, avail on XDA, or run CM7.1 to use Netflix.

aj.gorman

Reaction score
Hm.
I'm running a stock D2, using the .apk from the dropbox link on previous page--
Keep trying load a video, it'll start to buffer, then take me back to the video selection page.

Anyone have any suggestions here?
Don't understand why that .apk is working for other D2's and not mine.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I put up the link to help other d2 users. Are you on a custom rom or gb? I'm on froyo still running liberty and it works like a dream

aj.gorman

Reaction score
I greatly appreciate the upload! :)

Nope, unfortunately, I'm on stock.
Running Froyo, still.. (Damn verizon)

Anyone else on stock froyo d2 getting the same thing as me?
D:

jayman350

Reaction score
this works so well on my D1 its not even funny. I had the hacked version just to see if it would work, it did. So I downloaded the official one from the market.

I was watching Swamp People over wifi at my house yesterday, not a single stutter, buffering, etc., etc. My hardwired Tivo doesn't get this good of a picture when I try to watch stuff on there. It is always stopping to buffer, picture isn't that good, can't easily ff or rewind, etc.

So why does it work so well on my antique D1, but there are a bunch of people w/ newer phones who can't?

gavinsnana

Reaction score
Installed the apk from the dropbox link onto my Inc2. Thought it was going to work but all I got was audio not video. It was white screened and showed progress but could only hear the movie. Oh well -= guess I will wait for official version for the Inc2.

Reaction score
DX Working once again on Netflix

Just four days ago I installed the "no-device-check" Netflix apk. It worked fine until yesterday (at least that's when I noticed it stopped working). The above download however got Netflix working again on my DroidX. Was hoping yesterday's new release would bring some better news but it did not, at least in terms of getting Netflix to work.

If this stuff works on our phones then I guess I'll never understand why Netflix doesn't allow it to be used and updated. After all, you can't sell your services to people who can't use what they offer. Netflix is leaving out a big demographic if they think iPhone and a few select Droid systems represent the overall scope of what they could be targeting. :icon_evil:

By the way, this is my very first post so hello to everyone dancedroid

Reaction score
I greatly appreciate the upload! :)

Nope, unfortunately, I'm on stock.
Running Froyo, still.. (Damn verizon)

Anyone else on stock froyo d2 getting the same thing as me?
D:

It seems like we can ask all we want, but our pleas are invisible. Either people don't know, or too lazy to reply, either way it helps us none.

I am having the exact same problem, I am running stock Froyo w/root and I searched yesterday all over Google. It seems like this has been asked with never a reply. I am thinking the only way for this to work would be to install a custom rom, something I don't really want to do.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm telling you now, it is totally worth it to flash a custom rom. Its night and day for real!