The Hacked Version of Netflix No Longer Working; Real Market Version Does

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-netflix.png

Last week we reported that there was a hacked version of Netflix that worked on almost all Android devices. Unfortunately, that hacked version no longer works on many devices. But, there is good news... apparently, the newest actual market version has been improved and now works on most Androids, although sadly, the Thunderbolt isn't one of them. Netflix removed the device-check from the app which helped it to work on more devices. Droid-Life's download link is running really slow, as tons of people are probably trying to download it now, but here is the link and the source link below.

Netflix Download Link
Source: Android.net via Droid-Life

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
mine goes all the way to getting ready to stream and then says the netflix service cannot be reached...kind of annoying

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
When I opened the app I got a notification asking me to upgrade to the latest version. Piece of cake.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
And why are we Thunderbolts not allowed to use this? Verizon afraid their <blanky>y 4G network couldn't handle it? IF so, just make it WiFi only?!

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
And why are we Thunderbolts not allowed to use this? Verizon afraid their <blanky>y 4G network couldn't handle it? IF so, just make it WiFi only?!

what happens when tb users try to install it? does it just error out?

EvilJ

Reaction score
My DROID X isn't downloading the app when it tells me to get the new version.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BigMcGuire

Reaction score

I keep getting a - Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to download1170.mediafire.com. I just took the poster's word for it that it won't work on the Thunderbolt.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score

I keep getting a - Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to download1170.mediafire.com. I just took the poster's word for it that it won't work on the Thunderbolt.

and it doesnt appear in your market? thats where i dl'd mine...i have a d1 though, i was just curious what happens to tb users since the device check is supposedly removed.

EvilJ

Reaction score
The new dl link isn't working for me.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The new apk works great.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

allan1313

Reaction score
My DROID X isn't downloading the app when it tells me to get the new version.

I had the hacked version on my D1 and it wouldn't download it. I uninstalled the hacked version and it downloaded fine from the market. Try that.