The Gloriousness of Google and Droid-1st Road Trip

Reaction score
Could not have been happier with my droid performance this weekend. Took a day trip with the family. Used the Droid for navigation initially. Decided to make a stop on the way, easily changed the destination in navigation with voice search. Got to our hotel and they had booked us in the wrong room and nothing else available for use. I have the call and nav buttons in the google maps. I pulle dup my location searched for hotels, boom 15 pin markers show up. I tap one and it pulls up the name of the hotel and other information with the option to call or nav. i call on the way back to the car, and once I'm in the car select to navigate. Took me less than two minutes to get another room and figure out how to get there.

navigation was flawless. I thought I knew better than she did one time, but I was wrong. She knew was right all the time. Typical woman. Speaking of the nav voice, anyone know if you can download different voices for it?

Anyway, LOVE my droid. This is one of the big reasons why I bought it.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for sharing. I'm going to Miami in a couple of weeks and am looking forward to playing with the droid all the way there!! :icon_ banana:

Xpain

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was in the same situation while on vacation, and my Droid certainly was the center of attention. While on the road, we used it as:

[1]A phone (duh... lol, connected through car speakers)

[2]Music/mp3 player (through car speakers)

[3]Internet radio player (DroidLive and lastfm)

[4]Calendar and the calculator (about a quick discussion my wife and I had)

[5]Navigation (duh...)

[6]Game console (wife and kids played a few games)

[7]Internet (my wife checked out her facebook page and some random websites)

[8]Camera (both pics and video), although we also had a different camera, we didn't use it that much.

[9]Movie player (son watched almost entire Finding Nemo, and part of Toy Story and Transformers)

[10]Local business finder (used apps "where" and "superpages")

[11]All that while receiving texts, personal emails and work emails. Gotta love the "droiiiid" notification... lol

[12]Translator (English-Spanish translator).

[13]The tip-it app at a restaurant... lol (I know, I know...)

[14]As a watch in my way back (lost my watch in the beach and my Droid was my watch in my way back home)

[15]Alarm clock in the hotel!!! (thanks for the reminder SweetKittenFeet!!)

I have never owned a device that's so versatile!!!!! lol...

:motdroidvert: :heart: :motdroidhoriz:..........:)

Last edited:

sam5828

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I was in the same situation while on vacation, and my Droid was definetely the center of attention. While on the road, we used it as:

[1]A phone (duh... lol, connected through car speakers)

[2]Music/mp3 player (through car speakers)

[3]Internet radio player (DroidLive and lastfm)

[4]Calendar and the calculator (about a quick discussion my wife and I had)

[5]Navigation (duh...)

[6]Game console (wife and kids played a few games)

[7]Internet (my wife checked out her facebook page and some random websites)

[8]Camera (both pics and video), although we also had a different camera, we didn't use it that much.

[9]Movie player (son watched almost entire Finding Nemo, and part of Toy Story and Transformers)

[10]Local business finder (used apps "where" and "superpages")

[11]All that while receiving texys, personal emails and work emails. Gotta love the "droiiiid" notification... lol

[12]Translator (English-Spanish translator).

[13]The tip-it app at a restaurant... lol (I know, I know...)

[14]As a watch in my way back (lost my watch in the beach and my Droid was my watch in my way back home)
well if your watch had metal in it ya should of used the metal detector duh lol:icon_ banana:

OP
Sweet Kitten Feet
Reaction score
My son was impressed. When we went to sleep I switched the better alarm digital clock. He says, "Your phone does all kinds of things daddy. It's the awesomest phone EVER!"

Xpain

Reaction score
My son was impressed. When we went to sleep I switched the better alarm digital clock. He says, "Your phone does all kinds of things daddy. It's the awesomest phone EVER!"
Thanks for the reminder!!! LMAO Editing my previous post.

koralyne

Reaction score
Thats pretty awesome. Im actually going on a trip tomorrow, and hopefully my droid doesnt need to come to use that much, i havnt picked up a car charger =P

I wish i was going with one of my other friends though, they have a brand new 2010 cobalt with a usb port in it, so he doesnt need a car charger adapter... >.> so jealous