Google Navigation

javapop

Reaction score
Any way to set the Google Nav to always up? I've taken a cursory look, but I couldn't find anything.

I've found that if you go to your home screen for another app, you can use notification slider to get back to the nav window, it seems to drop occasionally; but not too often. Noticed this on a couple long drives where we stopped for meals, had some calls...etc...

Beamen

Reaction score
Not what I meant but good info to have. I'm talking about how GPS units always point up. You know, how you could be driving west but the screen points up (towards your windscreen) instead of left (towards your driver side).

opnsrcaddict

Reaction score
I think you touch the little compass looking thing, the diamond shape with one half red and one half white. I think you have to actually be moving so the device knows which way you are traveling.

Beamen

Reaction score
Yup, I was being a dumbass. Once I started driving it pointed the right way. BTW I just drove from denver to las vegas and this nav did better than my Magellen gps unit. Freggin sweet!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Please also remember that Google Nav is in beta....and will be getting better as time goes by.

javapop

Reaction score
Please also remember that Google Nav is in beta....and will be getting better as time goes by.

Can addresses be added to the google map system? I could track an address in rural Georgia using the droid; but after finding it, was able to enter navigate back to my house from the area. It was an address not recognized.

gentlefury

Reaction score
if you get the car cradle it keeps it open and makes the home button go back to the nav screen.

Joeymad

Reaction score
If I'm understanding what you are looking to do, I believe you can achieve this by simply using a charger while you have navigation running. There is an option to keep the screen backlight on when it is charging, and will allow you to continue to be able to see the screen.

Please correct me if I am completely wrong as to what you are trying to do.

*edit* nevermind... it helps to read posts lol

droidx2010

Reaction score
Is anyone having problems w/ the Navigation app? It seems like since the 2.2 upgrade, the voice doesn't work. There's a spkr. icon on the top right corner with an "x" by it.
The upgrade added verizon navigator (which is a rip off if google navigation works) that I can't remove.

Can anyone help me get google navigation back up w/ audio?

escapehatch

Reaction score
No voice guidance in car dock

I am having the same problem. I have voice guidance when out of the car dock, but not while in the car dock. I have tried changing all kinds of settings having to do with audio, but have not found a solution. I welcome a solution also.

droidx2010

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I have voice guidance when out of the car dock, but not while in the car dock. I have tried changing all kinds of settings having to do with audio, but have not found a solution. I welcome a solution also.
I figured it out. You need to open the menu & turn on audio. Mine works fine now.

escapehatch

Reaction score
Car Dock Navigation

Open what menu. I don't see anything in the car dock menu.

thanks for your help.

escapehatch

Reaction score
Car dock navigation

The only audio control in the navigation menu is "mute" or "unmute". I turn off mute and it shows volume to be maximum. I have sound when not in the car dock, but no sound in the car dock. If there is another audio control, I can't find it. I'm not sure what the car dock does. It just seems to be a charger and dock or mount. It doesn't make sense to me that it works out of the dock, but not in the dock.

Well, it appears the motorla car dock was defective. A new one is due today.

Last edited: