[ROM] The CM7 Gingerbread ROM (CM4D2-GB) is now ready for prime time!

joeblow789

Reaction score
Holidays + ICS + upgrades = GB delays, but not death. Updates are still being made on github, be patient my friends, new releases will come.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
They are still around... I do miss it. But when ldopa and brad and mission and etc all get the new devices well be batting in the cage again! Believe me. This group In this thread are very smart and helpful and good reliable friends as well. To you all ( you know who you are) keep rockin and keep in touch! Peace ....the drummer! :)

Motorola Droid Razr™
Peace!

Thanks man! I wish I could get a Nexus and get back in the crack flashing haha. Development hasn't been very strong lately for the DX/D2 lately. Oh well, it just means I have different hobbies such as MW3.

ldopa, when do you have an upgrade?

X

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah, everyone seems to have left droidforums for the most part. (I still check back almost daily, but there's been no chat for a week or 2.)

Everyone is pretty much over at rootzwiki. That's where most of the development is going on. Feel free to join us there.

Droid 2/R2D2 Developer Forum - RootzWiki

Let's be honest, there isn't much going on over there, either. I check them daily, and while there is a bit more D2 activity there, there still isn't much. The fact of the matter is the D2 is dying. It was expected, especially after the Nexus launch.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Let's be honest, there isn't much going on over there, either. I check them daily, and while there is a bit more D2 activity there, there still isn't much. The fact of the matter is the D2 is dying. It was expected, especially after the Nexus launch.

I agree. Development has slowly dropped off. Really, the only reason we got Liberty 3 was because it was ported over from the Bionic and D3...

Hard for me to take though, since I'm still locked into this phone for a few months

X

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Me too. I'm not giving up. I won't let it die!! We'll get a stable ics/cm9 build soon. I'm sure of it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Knowpig

Reaction score
I would be much happier with a stable CM-7. Although I have to say this latest 12/19 offering is pretty sweet.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may not be marked Stable, but IMO, CM7 has been stable for months. Stability to me means any ROM you can run daily without having to worry about not getting calls/texts/data

X

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
It may not be marked Stable, but IMO, CM7 has been stable for months. Stability to me means any ROM you can run daily without having to worry about not getting calls/texts/data

X

It's been a stable daily driver for months. I have no complaints.

Knowpig

Reaction score
I would be much happier with a stable CM-7. Although I have to say this latest 12/19 offering is pretty sweet.

That's not a fair statement.
I'm pretty picky. I should have said I'd be much happier with a perfect CM-7.
This latest build is so close to perfection. It would be very difficult for me to switch over to a buggy ICS.

Knowpig

Reaction score
does anyone have problems installing the fix.apk for market place? cwm aborts it for me

I had trouble.
Download it to your PC, then put it on your root directory via USB, then navigate to it and it installs itself.
After it installs, open the app and run it!

bishoy

Reaction score
does anyone have problems installing the fix.apk for market place? cwm aborts it for me

Cwm? The fix.apk doesn't need to be installed through cwm..... its just an apk, you install it like any other app. Once you install it, look for it in your app drawer and run it just once, reset your phone and forget about it :)