the camera sucks!

OP
M

mjmesserli

Reaction score
jasmo, I used the flash, which doesn't seem to work all that well. I should have used the low light setting, but there was a lot of sun light from sky lights so I didn't think it necessary.

I can put up with it, but when the iphone4 shames me like my buddy did yesterday it just makes me mad....

Cappuchica

Reaction score
Guys,

I'm not confused by the pixel count. That's not the issue. The camera simply isn't able to focus or take photos in low light. It's just not a good camera at all....that's my disappointment.

Common problem with the Moto Droid phones, it seems. The Droid 1's camera isn't really good, especially at the phone's launch. Various ROMs and camera apps have improved it substantially though.

As an aside though, you'll actually be able to email/upload the pictures you took, you iPhone 4 owning friend won't. :p

I'm pretty sure the iPhone can email/upload photos... at least my iPhone 3G could so I have no idea why the 4 wouldn't be able to.

In any case, I agree that the Droid's camera isn't that great. But like the original poster, I have a very nice DSLR that I am happy to use when I really want to take pictures. I use my Droid for quick MMS shots when I want to joke around with my friends. *shrug* It gets the job done.

RichSmithSWM

Reaction score
I have found that almost any other camera app takes better photos than the stock app. I made a discovery yestday with the stock camera app. If I hold the on screen button to lock the autofocus and then move the camera a few inches forward and then release to take the picture I get a nice clear shot. Although, without doing anything special, my ex-roommate can take perfectly clear pictures with my phone with no problem.

GolfGuy54

Reaction score
is there a way to make the camera take a picture right away when i press the button to take the pic? it takes a couple seconds after i press the button which is kind of annoying. is there a different camera app that's better?

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
I suggest trying other apps

I too have a dslr camera but I always have my phone with me. I use it more to take pic's just cause of that.

I have been using pro zoom 5x with good results over the stock app. Play with it a bit learn it and does a much bettre job, nothing compared to our DSLR's but those are meant for great pics only :) when we have the $$$$ to buy all the goodies they need :)

im saving for a nice distance lense cause I been taking more pic's of my friends atv racing. Love my cannon, but I have my droid x pretty much with me 24/7.