The best way to upgrade.

Couch

Reaction score
Whats the best way to upgrade without losing my data(apps/messages etc). I've just straight flashed over previous versions of the rom before and found it entirely unstable. Lately i've been using SPRecovery to backup my data, then do a clear cache/data 3 times(i've heard this number somewhere) and then restore my data. It doesn't seem to run aswell when I do that though as apposed to just redownloading and installing all my apps and discarding the rest of my data.

tl;dr how2upgrade?

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I always back everything up using titanium back first, then I always wipe everything, then restorew apps as needed using titanium.

Sent From My UD 3.3.1 Powered Droid

Apprazer

Reaction score
I backup all user apps and data with Titanium. I backup everything with the nandroid backup in recovery. Wipe system,data and davlik 3 or 4 times (no real logic here other than it works). Flash rom and let market download apps (if it works). Use Titanium to restore any apps market did not download and restore all data via titanium. If I have any problems, I have the nandroid backup to take me right back to where I was before starting.