Upgrading from Thunderbolt to Razr Maxx

fre1102

Reaction score
I can confirm that as long as you bring your own device for activation then you will retain your unlimited plan. I purchased a RAZR Maxx on eBay about a month ago, activated it on my account, and retained my unlimited data. Hope this helps.

Did you do the activation on-line or over the phone, or in a store? I'm doing the same thing, and it's not letting me activate the Maxx online.

fito_l4

Reaction score
Ken_55 said:
What's the process of activating the phone you bought on eBay? Can you just take the 4g card out of the old phone and put it in the one you bought or do you have to have Verizon do it? Thanks!

You will need a new Sim card, the maxx uses a micro vs what the thunderbolt uses. They are free at any official Verizon store. Pretty quick process, probably took about 20-30 minutes to complete.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

fito_l4

Reaction score
fito_l4 said:
You will need a new Sim card, the maxx uses a micro vs what the thunderbolt uses. They are free at any official Verizon store. Pretty quick process, probably took about 20-30 minutes to complete.

I had to go into the store. You have to get a new card. You cannot use one that has already been assigned to a different owner.

Ken_55

Reaction score

Thanks, good to know . . . I'll be looking for a deal on one, not willing to sign a new contract and lose unlimited.

greyghost04

Reaction score
Bought a pristine Razr Maxx on Craigslist for $250. Met the guy at the Verizon store. Went in and they put a new sim card in for free. They activated the phone and I was out the door in about 20 minutes. No charge. VZW is the winner. They get your monthly check and didn't have to front you any money to pay for a new phone. I asked if he thought VZW would ever take away unlimited? He said they were legally bound to continue it forever as long as we buy the phone. :biggrin: