Bionic to Maxx. Good idea?

kjumper187

Reaction score
ok, so after a long battle of issue with the Bionic, VZW has agreed to upgrade me (free) to the Razr Maxx. With seeing all the different Razr's VZW has (original, M, Maxx, HD, Maxx HD), what is the big difference between them all? Also, Am I getting a fair shake? I'm still eligible for my standard upgrade (with losing my grandfathered unlimited data) come this Feb if need be.

It's hard for me to keep up with all these different models with the Razr, so any help would be great.

Thanks

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
If you getting a maxx as a replacement for free, I'd jump on it. The OG maxx is still a great phone plus has lots of ROMs for it. The difference between the og maxx and HD maxx is slightly bigger screen, 1.5 processor and screen is HD.

4saken

Reaction score
The maxx is a great phone. Hasent let me down. i got the phone the same way you r. i also am faced with upgrade in feb. To me the maxx is good enough to keep threw my upgrade period ,i dont want to lose my unlimited either. This phone has alot of good developing going on right now and ics works flawlessly. very quick and long lasting battery

virgil71468

Reaction score
kjumper187 said:
ok, so after a long battle of issue with the Bionic, VZW has agreed to upgrade me (free) to the Razr Maxx. With seeing all the different Razr's VZW has (original, M, Maxx, HD, Maxx HD), what is the big difference between them all? Also, Am I getting a fair shake? I'm still eligible for my standard upgrade (with losing my grandfathered unlimited data) come this Feb if need be.

It's hard for me to keep up with all these different models with the Razr, so any help would be great.

Thanks

Hd is bigger screen and high def. Hd max same as max but bigger screen and high def. M is low end of razrs

huff825

Reaction score
Did the same thing, Bionic to Maxx, I feel it was a great decision. This phone will continue to perform for quite some time.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

brunla

Reaction score
Same thing. I went from Bionic to Maxx and my only regret is I didn't do it 6 months ago. None of the issues on Bionic are with this phone. Go for it!

acorn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
Bioic to Razr Mazz

I took the same offer, Bionic to Razr Maxx, even before all the other Razr phones were introduced.
I have no regrets, the Razr Maxx whatsoever. The battery life is noticeably better.
This phone has been more stable too.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
One drawback of going from the Bionic to the Droid RAZR MAXX is that you lose the FM Radio feature built into the Droid Bionic. See Download: Working FM Radio App for DROID Bionic – Droid Life The Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX do not have the hardware that provides FM Radio reception, although you can still use third party apps like TuneIn among others to listen to streaming local radio stations over your Cellular Data plan - just watch out for data caps if you are not on the "Unlimited Data" plan.

There are others that I am sure will tell you the Bionic is a better phone than the RAZR MAXX in some ways, including those who feel the screen for the Bionic is "nicer" than that of the MAXX, but I own a MAXX and with my eyes, I can't see the pixelation that some complain about with the RAZRs, and the slight lean toward the Green color on the screen of the RAZRs is something you get used to very quickly.

Caesars

Reaction score
Welcome to the MAXX!

Return of the Android

marsha12151

Reaction score
Loved my MAXX. Made the mistake of getting an S3. Returning it due to poor reception / batter life and getting my MAXX back! Have had lots of smartphones and the MAXX is the best of them, overall.