Upgrading Droid X to Razr Maxx

carguy

Reaction score
haven't been on in a while, mostly my X has been preforming very well dancedroid

As our 2 year family plan nears and end in December, we are looking to upgrade. I'll be replacing my X with a Razr Maxx. From what I've read here and online, seems the big difference between the Razr & Maxx is the battery.

Looks like I can get the Maxx for $179 (@ Costco). Biggest thing I've read here is the loss of my unlimited data plan.

We pay about $140/month now for 2 smart phones, 700 minutes a month and unlimited data on both (corporate discount of 20% applied). Seems with the new structure, we'll pay $80/month for 2 smartphones plus $54 /month ($70 -20%) fro the 4GB shared data plan. Looks like the monthly bill is only a few dollars off.

Seems like the Razr/Razr Maxx is pretty solid so far. Looking forward to the new device and continued knowledge from the fine folks here at DF.net :icon_ banana:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yep the Razr MAXX is basically a regular Razr with an extended battery since the Razr is sealed we are not able to just buy the extended battery like previous phones.

I am sure you will love it, this is the best phone I have ever owned hands down. I used to have a Droid X and it does feel familiar so I am sure the adjustment will be easy for you.

Are you waiting until December to get the new phones? Because by then the Droid Razr HD or Droid M or Fighter or whatever they are going to call it might be out and that might be the one to get.

OP
carguy

carguy

Reaction score
I'll probably pull the trigger within a week or two. I usually never pay more than $100 for my phones, Iv'e never been the 'need to have the latest' type with my phones. While the Razr is available for under $90 right now, the big battery seems worth it to me.

I have the Motorola extended battery in my X now and that little extra went a long way. Really looking forward to less charging breaks wtih the new phone.

merridy

Reaction score
I upgraded from DROID X to RAZR Max. Love it. Wouldn't go back for the world. Battery is great, last all day.

en28so

Reaction score
haven't been on in a while, mostly my X has been preforming very well dancedroid

As our 2 year family plan nears and end in December, we are looking to upgrade. I'll be replacing my X with a Razr Maxx. From what I've read here and online, seems the big difference between the Razr & Maxx is the battery.

Looks like I can get the Maxx for $179 (@ Costco). Biggest thing I've read here is the loss of my unlimited data plan.

We pay about $140/month now for 2 smart phones, 700 minutes a month and unlimited data on both (corporate discount of 20% applied). Seems with the new structure, we'll pay $80/month for 2 smartphones plus $54 /month ($70 -20%) fro the 4GB shared data plan. Looks like the monthly bill is only a few dollars off.

Seems like the Razr/Razr Maxx is pretty solid so far. Looking forward to the new device and continued knowledge from the fine folks here at DF.net :icon_ banana:

I lost my unlimited data when I upgraded and now I'm paranoid of my data use to be honest with you. Now I feel like I'm paying more for less. I even returned my upgrade, but could not go back to unlimited 3G. Remember that a 4G phone uses data much faster than a 3G phone. I almost used 1G of data with almost no usage just in a few days btw. I think it's better to buy a phone cash from ebay, and I have heard that you can keep unlimited 3G to 4G this way. That's what I should have done. Just my 2cts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
carguy

carguy

Reaction score
I lost my unlimited data when I upgraded and now I'm paranoid of my data use to be honest with you. Now I feel like I'm paying more for less. I even returned my upgrade, but could not go back to unlimited 3G. Remember that a 4G phone uses data much faster than a 3G phone. I almost used 1G of data with almost no usage just in a few days btw. I think it's better to buy a phone cash from ebay, and I have heard that you can keep unlimited 3G to 4G this way. That's what I should have done. Just my 2cts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

If I was a heavy data user, I would agree with you. Between the two of us, we average 1.6GB of data usage going over 2GB only 3 times. 4GB between the two of us should be no problem.

I can see why Verizon went this route personally, people tend to use their devices for data more than voice. Gotta make the $$ :icon_ banana:. Thankfully in our situation the monthly cost is basically the same.
2GB/month

merridy

Reaction score
I'm glad I lost unlimited data. I was paranoid but they averaged it out and j was only using 3g...so I got 4 and unlimited talk and text. Which I've only had 450 minutes for the past 6 years.. now I can talk and text all I want..lol