New Maxx Coming Monday!

droidshot®

Reaction score
Hello everyone, well I tried and tried to make this RAZR work out but after having four and all of them having issues, that I don't see that's fair to live with, Verizon is sending me the Maxx to replace it. Now I'm not one to complain and try to get a new phone every time one drops and Verizon knows that. My brother was telling me that I should raise hell and get the Maxx HD but I'm just not like that. I do feel like Motorola made the Maxx to fix problems that was with the RAZR and just didn't want to recall all those brand new RAZR's. I was telling the Verizon rep manager that and he even agreed and said they changed things about the Maxx besides just putting a bigger battery in it. That's just my thoughts though and it doesn't really matter.
Now what does matter and I can't wait for is the 27th when my pre ordered Note ll comes in the mail. That phone is going to be a beast!! Strange thing though, I went to Best Buy and Radio Shack and no one has that phone out on display. If it's already out on Sprint and at&t then why would it not be on display?
Hope you all have a great day.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is nothing different between a Razr and a Razr Maxx. The circuit boards are identical. The metal frame that holds the boards are different.
If you were led to believe otherwise the person lied. They run the same exact firmware. There is no differentiation in the firmware.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
There is nothing different between a Razr and a Razr Maxx. The circuit boards are identical. The metal frame that holds the boards are different.
If you were led to believe otherwise the person lied. They run the same exact firmware. There is no differentiation in the firmware.

I tend to agree with what tech_head says. Since both phones run the same Kernel and ROM (firmware), they have to have the same architecture. They also both appear the same. The two motherboards are below to see for yourself. The first is the MAXX, the other below as well as the two to the right are the RAZR. You can click on the first image to see both over and under up-close Other than some additional components (cameras, etc.) and 3 RF shields having been removed on the RAZR the two are identical.

Both RAZR MAXX & RAZR.pngMotherboard_front.pngmYlGPSwAQMdTMsdY RAZR.large.jpg

OP
droidshot®

droidshot®

Reaction score
What the Verizon tech guy said was they did some software improvements over what the RAZR had. All I know is my brother has had his MAXX from day one with no issues at all. I have now had mine for two days and haven't had the troubles that I was having from ALL the previous RAZR phones. Really doesn't matter though because my Note ll will be at my house tomorrow.