The "Apps" icon

hajrb

Reaction score
There's plenty of tutorials on how to remove apps from the S3, but none on how to remove the Apps icon from the home screen.
I have better use for that space. Why would I need immediate access to something I'll rarely use once my phone is set up?
Any ideas? Hacks? Workarounds?
Thanks!

Semaj

Reaction score
Just tap and hold and then drag to the top to remove

OP
H

hajrb

Reaction score
But no

Ahhh, but you can't do that with the apps icon. At least not on mine, which was my question.
Is it something with my version or is it that way on all of them? Can you drag the apps icon off your home page?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Do you mean the square of dots which brings up the list of apps? It can't be removed without rooting. Not sure if it can be removed even with rooting.

Sgt Fury

Reaction score
Sorry, mistook your "apps icon" as a reference to your apps icons in general. I believe you have to root to remove the "apps icon" from your home screen.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
You can also use an alternate launcher. I use TSF Shell and freakin' love it. But GoLauncher is another great, and much cheaper, choice as well. I highly suggest looking into third party launchers...they really show you what Android is all about.

OP
H

hajrb

Reaction score
Cool. thanks for that. I realized of course you need access to the apps and widgets area, but you'd think I could choose which home screen to put it on. I'll check into your suggestions.