the 2.3.3 leak for the Droid 2

cydetrakd

Reaction score
I downloaded it earlier tonight an hour or so after it was released to the public using the TBH app. i honestly have to say this is the smoothest and fastest rom i have ever ran in my whole entire android life. I got all my apps installed manually since somehow my apps weren't synced with the marketplace. It took quite sometime to do that since i noticed launcherpro kinda lags compared to the really fast new blur system. The only complaint i have is where the app drawer is but beyond that everything works just like i would expect the keyboard lights up.. 3g speeds is faster with this new kernal and surprisingly the charging light works which i haven't had function since i started flashing d2 roms.

Gingerbread doesn't seem too much different than froyo except for the speed increase which i can compare to the jump from eclair to froyo on m og droid. I can't wait till its rooted and all the rom devs start tweaking and theming this amazing leak rom i miss the black layout but the speeds on this stock leak is insane just curious is this a port from a dx or a gb build for the d2? After many disappointments like the false bootloader being cracked to the news that the d2 might NEVER receive an official Gingerbread release this surprise today was great. Go TBH

Last edited:

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I thought p3 said that gingerbread wasn't coming for droid 2...where's the link to it??

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

D

dankarlinski

Its in TBH app. Download it from the market. I'm dl'ing GB now

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought p3 said that gingerbread wasn't coming for droid 2...where's the link to it??

And I thought I said that you shouldn't believe everything you read. ;)

I'm running Gingerbread now, just one week after the misquoted comment. What P3 Droid actually said at the time was he hadn't seen a build for the D2…..Not that it wasn't ever going to get the D2. Then someone started that thread and everyone went crazy.

You can get it at MDW, it's on the front page.

louy99

Reaction score
Will I still be rooted after flashing this?

Sent from my DROID2

WeedR

Reaction score
No it will take away root. Its not rootable yet.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

louy99

Reaction score
No it will take away root. Its not rootable yet.

Sad :( then I'm not installing it yet. I can't go back to stock!

Sent from my DROID2

silverfang77

Reaction score
Does this mean that eventually VZW will make this update available for OTA download, or should I just go ahead and download this leak (after someone makes it rootable)?

WeedR

Reaction score
If you don't care to sbf later I would try it. Even though it is stock it is quick and snappy. Way better than 2.2 and I've heard that the battery life is amazing. I would give it a shot.

R2unit

Reaction score
Will this work for the r2d2 droid2?

D

dankarlinski

Confirmed unrootable.

Its freaking sweet tho. :) check my thread in the D2 rom section for all the new stuff I find

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I wonder on the initial install of this, still in clockwork, if it would be possible to flash a second zip. Which had includes a superuser.apk and the su binary in the /bin folder. Since we would still be in clockwork it makes sense to me anyways. And the end result would be rooted gb if it works. I don't see why not unless the actual existance of superuser.apk and su in /bin is blocked by moto on boot.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
We need to find a fix for the in-call volume before finding root. The in-call volume is a deal breaker. I can live without root for a little while.