Does Gingerbread lack default charging dock app setting?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just noticed something...I have a program that I use instead of the stock charging dock app - it's called "Night Clock."

In Froyo, when I docked the D2, it would ask me which docking app I wanted to use, and then I could select Night Clock and set it as the default (much like w/a home screen).

I don't get this option in the Gingerbread ROM I'm running (Zombie Stomper)...can't tell if this is a change in Gingerbread, or an interim bug in the current leaked builds.

When I go to Manage Apps and look at "Desk Home" (which I assume is the default GB app), the default is not set, so I can't use Clear Defaults. Same for "Motorola Dock Service" and "Night Clock."

Tried loading another charging dock app, and that didn't help.

Anyone else seeing this, and is there any ideas as to a way to force Night Clock to be my default dock?

dmoriarty

Reaction score
I use my phone as my alarm clock and when I dock it, it goes to an app with time, weather etc. This is using zombiestomped 1.6. I tried liberty .4 and the phone didn't do anything while docked, just stayed at the normal home screen.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks...sounds like our are behaving the same w/1.65. So maybe this is an issue w/the current GB leak. Hopefully Moto/Google will fix this before the final release.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
More than likely the dev will have to change the way his app operates.

ttlycnfuzd

Reaction score
red - how about removing moto's dock.apk from /system/app and see if night clock takes over at that point? obviously, you know the precautions (backup, rename... blah blah blah)

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mystery solved!

Thanks to tb110895:

tb110895 said:
It doesn't let you change it if you slide down the status bar, Press the little multimedia notification, and press remember my selection? Thats how I changed mine.

Worked perfectly...I was used to the screen appearing automatically in Froyo, but I guess in GB you have to select the Multimedia dock icon after docking to set a different default. Happy again... :D

lacarlson

Reaction score
Worked for me

Dragging down the notification bar and choosing the replacement app worked. Now I've got my alarm clock (plus) back. Thanks.