Texting the wrong contact issue?

sprinkles

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. It's happened to me 3 times now.

Last night I was texting a friend, Wendy. I deleted my messages and went to bed. This morning, my hubby text me. When I went into the main texting screen, it was his name, pic, etc. I then pushed to open the thread to text back. It was his name and showed the text he had sent me, and so I sent the text back. Then I noticed at the top of the screen was Wendy's picture (I have the pics to sync with gmail). It was his name in the thread still though. I exited out, went back in, and it was his pic at the top with the text he sent me along with my text saying "I'm up" was still on the screen. He did not receive that text though, Wendy did. Is there any reported problems on this? I've had the phone a little less than a month.

Thanks!
:motdroidhoriz:

dos

Reaction score
There are others that have had the same problem with text messages going to the wrong contact. I was reading this thread the other day.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...uggestions/2669-texts-going-wrong-person.html
I have had it happen a few times, and I believe some have traced it down to a problem with the Google sycing. I would also try to contact Verizon tech support for additional help. My text problem seems to happen with a few of my contacts.

fomac354

Reaction score
Have had the same issue. I make sure the person I am texting name or # is showing before I text and still sometimes a different contact on my list receives the text. When using for business, this is a bad deal can cause major issues. Verizon tech no help. Pulling the battery out and resetting, no help. My other verizon phones-non-droid don't have this issues. Anyone have a fix.

bigthinker

Reaction score
Make sure and take your time...IF you are using the sms app that came with the phone, sometimes it lags a little it...Hopefully this will not be an issue with droid and the home app forever, but for now...the way to maybe solve the issue is to just be a little slower when it comes to texting and selecting the contact....I hope this helps. :motdroidvert:

fomac354

Reaction score
Text going to wrong person

Numerous posts on this issue all over this forum and others regarding the Droid. Spent 2hrs & 20 min. today on the phone with Verizon tech support and Motorola tech support. Motorola states it is a carrier issue (Verizon) & referred me back to Verizon. The short story is Verizon doesn't have an answer. They say they have not encountered this issue before, despite the many forum posts. The last tech guy I spoke with said he thinks this could be a Google issue with the (G) mail contact storage and a software issue there, but he is not sure and still no fix.

Call the Verizon Tech support and get it noted for the record so it will be addressed and fixed. :) :):motdroidvert::mad::motdroidhoriz:

Hope this helps

FlipBack

Reaction score
I've got this issue as well. Also, if I'm having a text conversation with a person, and then receive a text from someone else, sometimes it shows it as from he original person I was talking to.

Can get quite confusing.

pockets

Reaction score
Lol, this happened to me to. Mine enended up on FML, it wasn't cool at all

ChiliSky

Reaction score
Well thank goodness other people are having this problem, mine has been sending text to other people while I am replying to a person, it just sends it off to someone else.This is not good,cant have messages going to the wrong person. Tech support said they have not heard of this before????hope someone gets a fix for it. Also tonight it just stopped allowing me to call out,all I got was dead space. Took the battery out 2 times and it finally allowed me to call out. Don't know what that is about either!

I do love my phone though...

Chili

comk4ver

Reaction score
Same issue with me however, how would I go about fixing it when I'm on cm6. Since my phone is hacked I wouldn't be able to give the correct information such as version and processor (mobo) I'm having the same issue and I'm using the default messaging app. Help! I'll call verizon though. Can't right now cause I'm @ work.