Texting problem

cedarrunner

Reaction score
I frequently travel in areas with poor or no coverage. On my old phone, when I'd text from these areas, it would hold the text in a queue until it got a strong enough signal to send it. On my X, it just sends me a message that the text didn't send. I can look at it, but if I want to send it, I have to retype it and send (I can't even cut and paste it). Are there any apps/fixes out there for this?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
In the stock messaging app, simply long-press (hold down) on the bubble containing the message that failed to send. When a list pops up, you have several options including forward message and RESEND message.

Hope that helps!

Emitted from X.

OP
C

cedarrunner

Reaction score
In the stock messaging app, simply long-press (hold down) on the bubble containing the message that failed to send. When a list pops up, you have several options including forward message and RESEND message.

Hope that helps!

Emitted from X.

Perfect, thanks!

One more q...I have unlimited data, but not unlimited texting. Is there a way to send/receive texts over the web, that would notify you when you have a new one?

avt123

Reaction score

Hope that helps!

Emitted from X.

Perfect, thanks!

One more q...I have unlimited data, but not unlimited texting. Is there a way to send/receive texts over the web, that would notify you when you have a new one?

avt123

Reaction score
I believe avt is right, though I think it's only unlimited if you use a special Google Voice number.

Emitted from X.

Yea, it is a separate number. You can have all your mobile calls forwarded to this number though. You can just have people add another number for you that they can use to just text, that being the Google Voice number.