Easy, obvious things I should be able to do with the Droid X, but cannot...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While I agree that there is a work around or app to solve many of the short comings of the phone, I see the OP's point as well.

Coming from a D1 to my DX, I wasn't thrilled to find that a needed part of contact management that was there in the past was left out. I haven't found a program that allows me to see my contacts sorted any where near as well as the old default program did.

Some people don't like or want to have to customize everything to make it functionable.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Why don't you just look at your contacts on line in Gmail?

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Good morning Hookbill,

It's usually the bigest problem while driving and looking for work numbers I need to dial. Doing that online from the phone is far from easy. That is one of my few complaints, but a major one.

Again, I know there are apps that bridge this problem, I'm currently using groupu to solve it, I just don't think for something like this it should be necessary. Not to mention, it's not as integrated as the default contact manager.

These are phones, and I don't think the basic functionality of phones, calling, texting and you can almost put emailing on the list now, should be afterthoughts.

Love the phone, love the plattform and love the forums and all the helpful people.

Last edited:
OP
M

MaineJim

Reaction score
Thanks to the helpful

Thanks to all those who pointed out how to do things I did not know how to do. I appreciate your time and trouble.

To those who just get on here to flame someone who doesn't know something:

1) Be happy you are superior to me. I concede it, you are wonderful and brilliant.

2) Grow up.

3) If my question doesn't interest you or bothers you, don't reply.

4) Sorry you don't have anything better to do with your brilliance. Silly me, I thought asking more informed people for advice is what these forums are for.