Easy Things I Should Be Able To Do With My Droid But Am Not Allowed

MaineJim

Reaction score
Just a list of silly things that Droid doesn't do.

If you know how, please let me know.

If you are from Google, please fix!

1) Resend an email that failed to send

You can resend text messages, but with email the only option is to delete it. Even the ability to copy and paste text would be better than current.

2) Prevent the Droid from loading my Facebook friends into my contacts page.

If you don't want to do that, at least let me delete the Facebook people from my contacts list without having to delete them from Facebook.

3) Sort my contacts by LAST name.

Is this such an odd request?

4) Let me delete specific entries from my recent and favorites list on my phone.

Now, all you can do is delete the entire list. Again, you can do this with text messages, but not with phone favs.

5) Why can't I delete the "History" entry on my contacts list? I don't want every contact I have had with someone on that list stored forever. Why can't I turn off the history feature completely? Why does the "history" listing under contacts include entries form three years before I owned the phone?

I will add to this list as I think of them.

Jim

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score

Jim

Welcome to the forums!

as for your list:

2) I believe you could stop the facebook sync and it will not pull your FB friends onto the phone. Not 100% how, as I don't have FB to confirm

3) If you go under contacts and hit the menu key>display options, there is an option to "sort" by last name and "view contact name as" Last name first. This should accomplish what you are looking for.

Last edited:

dcook12

Reaction score

If you are from Google, please fix!

1) Resend an email that failed to send

You can resend text messages, but with email the only option is to delete it. Even the ability to copy and paste text would be better than current.

If you don't want to do that, at least let me delete the Facebook people from my contacts list without having to delete them from Facebook.

Is this such an odd request?

4) Let me delete specific entries from my recent and favorites list on my phone.

Now, all you can do is delete the entire list. Again, you can do this with text messages, but not with phone favs.

I will add to this list as I think of them.

Jim

I know a few of these and have seen answers to others, so some other will chime in I'm sure:

Contact list - Go to contacts, menu key, display options, sort by last name. Also while in the contact display options screen you should see your email that you use for facebook (it will say facebook under it.) Click on it and uncheck All contacts. I think this might be the way to not show facebook photos in contacts...(not sure though) don't forget to hit done after unchecking.

Facebook sync...saw the answer to unsync, but have to find it...but to stop it from now on...from home go to menu, settings, accounts and sync, If facebook account shows up, click on it and unclick sync contacts.

Not sure about the unsent email...I haven't come across that yet...Hope this helps a little.

OP
M

MaineJim

Reaction score
Thanks. The Droid-X won't even let me delete the FB account from my phone. But it won't give me a clue why not/how to do it.

Under Contacts, hitting the menu key does not give a display options choice. Maybe it is the Droid-X.

Another to the list:

5) Why can't I delete the "History" entry on my contacts list? I don't want every contact I have had with someone on that list stored forever. Why can't I turn off the history feature completely? Why does the "history" listing under contacts include entries form three years before I owned the phone?

OP
M

MaineJim

Reaction score
Facebook sync is in the FB app. Menu, settings, sync, uncheck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

It must be the Droid-X. If I am in the Facebook app and push the menu button, the only option that comes up is "refresh."

Clearly I am missing something.

Thanks!

Jim

musicman

Reaction score
For the facebook problem--go to settings, accounts, select facebook, then remove account. I hope that helps.

OP
M

MaineJim

Reaction score
Thanks, but that is one of the problems. When I try to delete FB, I get a message saying there was an error, please try again. But it doesn't say what the error is, so I can't do anything differently, so I can't delete the app.

VERY frustrating.

But thanks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
without rooting I don't believe you can delete the FB app. you can however unsync from your contacts. as others have mentioned there is an option in the FB app itself and in the phone settings under Accounts & sync (just uncheck FB)

lterry913

Reaction score
I think the only way to delete facebook is to do a hard reset and not install at hat time...then go to market and get a version there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As Martin said just remove the check mark from Facebook sync and all those facebook people will bo away. You cannot delete the app itself unless you are rooted and removing it as the previous poster described by a Factory Data Reset will not work either.

AMelis

Reaction score
The Droid may have it, the Droid X does NOT have the option to organize names by last name.....

ufischer

Reaction score

On my phone long-press on a phone favorite brings up the option to "remove from favorites." Similar thing for recent list.