Text msgs going to wrong person

scillamonster

Reaction score
First off, in my stock msging app I have the list of people I text. Sometimes that list will out of nowhere just disappear and when I receive a new msg from someone it is brought up under someone else in my contacts, but once i open the msg i can see who it came from. If I reply to that msg like normal, it gets sent to whomever the msg first appeared under. Ive had this issue awhile ago under the 2.1 os but it seemed to disappear after awhile. Ive been running Ultimate Droid extreme 8.0 root with absolutely no problems (other than a bit of lag, which is the same as a friends phone that isnt rooted) for the past year or so. Its seemed that this issue has been happening more and more recently. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this happening or if going back to stock would be a good idea?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Google addressed that there is a messaging problem, I saw the article on Engadget, and they're working on an update to fix it.

I use 3rd party apps, such as ChompSMS for texting and never had this problem. I also never had this problem with Handcent. Try those apps, they're more customizable as well:)

OP
S

scillamonster

Reaction score
I tried handcent a long time ago and didnt like it bc I would get duplicate msgs and would have to check both the stock app and handcent, so i quickly said "screw this" and uninstalled. Maybe I should give it more of a chance? Is there a way to disable the stock msging app?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried handcent a long time ago and didnt like it bc I would get duplicate msgs and would have to check both the stock app and handcent, so i quickly said "screw this" and uninstalled. Maybe I should give it more of a chance? Is there a way to disable the stock msging app?

you can disable the stock messaging apps notifications...if you were rooted you could remove the MMS.apk but that causes problems receiving picture messages and video messages. Best bet is to just disable the notifications through the menu, so you don't have to check both