Why am I getting double and triple text messages from the same person?

Reaction score
Ive been having this weird text message issue between my friend and I. For the most part our text messaging works fine, but every now and then I will receive a text message from him, and then will immediately get the same message again twice. And sometimes it was triple text the same message. He said that it does not happen on his side, and we are both on Verizon Wireless.

I have a Droid 2 and he has a iPhone. I have checked to see if he is double listed in my contacts, and he is not. I have wiped my phone to give it a refresh, but even that did not resolve it. Why is it doing this?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happens to me with my iPhone friend as well. Has to do with the handshake on the server receiving the text.

Not much you can do about it.

Sent from the best 3G phone on Verizon.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
Been happening with me n my girl as well. Shes got a Inc. 2 and I got the X2. She's stock and I noticed when I was stock we didn't have this issue. But ever since I rooted it seems more of a common issue. Doesn't bother me too much though. Or it might be from a 3rd party text messaging app. My girls got Handscent so that may be our issue.

sent from My MB870/DROID X2 Runnin' CM7