Text Message notification

rickres5

Reaction score
I just recieved my Droid Incredible and I am attempting to have a text message from a email address come up like it did on my blackberry as a level 1 message. The email address is always different. it always ends in @cmsg.net is there an app that i could do this with??????

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Need a little clarification here:

Is it someone with that *.cmsg.net addy that is sending you a text message? If their sending you an SMS then it should come through as an SMS just fine... o_O

OP
R

rickres5

Reaction score
Actually after a little more research the message comes with the same email address everytime. It comes from a webpage code messaging which forwards calls on for a fire department. I am trying to set a distinct tone just for this address so i can tell the difference with out grabbing my phone. I tried MISSED CALL for android but i cant seem to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated.

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
So your getting the messages then? I'm assuming this, might be wrong. These messages are SMS correct? If both of these are true, then add the number/addy to your contacts. The edit the contact details so it has its own ringtone. Not sure if there is a way to customize ringtones for text messages? Anyone else want to chime in on this?

OP
R

rickres5

Reaction score
Yes the messages come through just fine, tried the ringtone for the contact but that only works for phone calls not SMS.

Bdog

Reaction score
If you use an add-on, such as SMS Popup or Hancent (which I personally hate), you have the option to change notification tones and even LED blinks for individual contacts.