Priority Email

tbrkek

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app or something that can have the phone notify me only of an email address that I want it to. IN other words, I dont want to hear a noise of every email I get, but if [email protected] emails me it makes a noise or ringtone notification of some sort. Sort of like a level 1 message in blackberry terms. PLEASE HELP!! Thx!!

Droider

Reaction score
I took a look in the Market and couldn't see any app that would do this and it's not built into the phone which can only do custom ringtones for individuals for calls.

I can think of a possible (although not pretty) solution where you forward the important clients from your current email to a second account. Then you set your phone for silent notifications from your main account and turn on a sound notification for the account just for receiving forwarded important clients. The only thing with this is that they can't both be Gmail accounts. The only thing would then be to make sure you visit the original Main email account to actually read, reply, archive, etc.

This obviously isn't an option if you are worried about sensitive work correspondence being forwarded to your secondary Gmail or Yahoo or whatever account. And if you choose to forward to another account like this, you probably want it to be a new one that you only use for this purpose and not a gmail or other that you are already using for personal correspondence.

If you are interested in pursuing this option and don't quite follow what I'm saying or need some additional help, just post a reply and let me know and I'll try to help.

Last edited:
OP
T

tbrkek

Reaction score
I follow you....and thank you for the reply and the suggestion. Its definitely an idea and not a bad one!!! I like the phone and its very cool...but the could become a pita with all the responding I do. Currently using a pearl and would love to permamently switch...but this is a definite deal breaker for me. I would be up all night hearing emails!!! Thanks for checking as well. I looked around as much as I could as well...just not as tech savy as other may be on here and was hoping someone would know something. Thanks again!!!