Email alert app - for specific email

BigTex71

Reaction score
My boss is looking for an Android app that will allow him to specify a specific email sender's address that will cause the notification to continuously alert him (like an incoming call rather than a short notification sound) when he receives an email from it. He is hard of hearing and he needs to be alerted when a specific fail-over occurs with our database server. He gets an email, but he usually doesn't hear the normal email notifier. And he doesn't want bells and whistles going off for every email he receives, just this one specific type.

Anyone know of something that will do that or have suggestions?

OP
BigTex71

BigTex71

Reaction score
Anyone? I didn't think there was a way to do this, but I thought I would check.

Taegost

Reaction score
I just checked K9 and I don't see an option for that, so I'm not sure, I'd have to do a search on AppBrain.com to see if anything decent comes up.
Maybe this? Email Popup

darkgreen

Reaction score
My boss is looking for an Android app that will allow him to specify a specific email sender's address that will cause the notification to continuously alert him (like an incoming call rather than a short notification sound) when he receives an email from it. He is hard of hearing and he needs to be alerted when a specific fail-over occurs with our database server. He gets an email, but he usually doesn't hear the normal email notifier. And he doesn't want bells and whistles going off for every email he receives, just this one specific type.

Anyone know of something that will do that or have suggestions?

Use a hack.

For example: Set up your boss with an RSS reader and set the RSS feed alarm, then subscribe the RSS reader to a feed from drop.io, and set the alert email to go to the drop.io mailbox in question.

Failure --> emails drop.io --> updates RSS feed --> RSS reader alert goes off.

Another option would be to set up a new email program other than the one he actually uses, and set it to read a new email address (only) that you set up for the purpose. Then CC the failure emails to that new email address and set up the new email program to go berzerk any time it gets an email.

onmyway

Reaction score
One of those places where we have a lot of sweet t
Current Phone Model
G N 4
I have friends that utilize a specific address only and I would have the notification set to a distinct vibrate tone. I am always stuck in venues where ringtones are inappropriate and I have researched it before, it is possible but the application to set a distinct ring is not within reach at the moment. Further research later tonight could yield its name. I would handle it that way.......certain account, specific distinct notification on vibrate tone. Try looking in top five thread, believe it was there someone mentioned they could set it....

rricechan

Reaction score
rricechan

I was hoping to find an app that would allow custom ringtones for specific incoming email. My old BB had an app that allowed me to set normal email to vibrate notification and a custom ringtone alert when email came in from my network monitoring applications. Anyone know of a droid app that can do this?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Touchdown does this but it's only suitable for Exchange accounts.

rricechan

Reaction score
rricechan

I downloaded the app demo and it looks to be quite useful however it does not seem have the ability to use custom ringtones for email from specific contacts. Am I missing something?

Nativtexan

Reaction score
open touchdown, click the tools at the bottom right (wrench icon), click "advanced" in upper right, scroll all the way down and you'll see multitude of options. select "manage rules" select "new rule" and the options are pretty self explanatory to create your custom sound based on the rule (from, subject, etc).