text I am sending is partly missing on recipient's end

debbielwest

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Droid 2, have had it for about 8 months now. I love it, no problems except when a program makes it lock up. But as of last week, my text messages aren't being received in full. My connection is through Verizon, so I don't know if this is a Droid issue or a Verizon issue. The recipients receive tha last part of my text messages but not the first part. Has anyone else had this problem with their Droid?:icon_ banana:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try dialing *228 and select programming from your phone.. You might be having a programming issue.. Like perhaps you device is cutting mms messages down to sms messages... Try that and get back to us. ...

OP
D

debbielwest

Reaction score
re: text missing in text message

Thanks for replying! Just reprogrammed my Droid and sent a long text message to friend. She said entire message came through, so it looks like the reprogramming solved my problem! Thanks again! wouldn't know what to do without forums like these. They are lifesavers! :icon_ banana: Just curious, though. What would have changed my programming? a new game installed or other app installed lately? Or just a glitch in the phone itself? Have a great day! God bless!:happy3:

OP
D

debbielwest

Reaction score
text is still missing

Hi, I did think reprogramming had fixed my problem, but recipient says text is still missing first part of text. she sent the text back to me. the first time she tried to send it back, she was able to see all the text. The next time she was able to send it back to me.. it started out like this: *text missing*in. then it began rest of my message.. "in" was actually only a piece of a word I had written. Do you have any other ideas about this problem? I tried this out on another person, and she didn't receive all my message either. My carrier is Verizon. it's weird that it worked fine for several months then went bonkers. ha!:nerd::mad:;)