Tethering?

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Anyone know if you can tether with the Ally? A freinds getting one for his wife and was wondering.

AS ALWAYS,

TIA

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Pretty sure you should be able to use pdanet.....
Not sure about wireless tho....

ftpex

Reaction score
It does not look like you can do it

Pretty sure you should be able to use pdanet.....
Not sure about wireless tho....
I download the pda.net on the ally per verizon tech support, setup the debugging options in the settings panel, went to Download PdaNet to install the computer side. the instuctions say let windows auto install and windows will come back with an error message saying a usb modem for that phone not found. Or it comes back and says no compatible phones found. I looked on the Lg site for drivers and modem or usb yeilds 0 results. The answer is no the ally does not teather.

Jprosser

Reaction score
yes you can tether the ally, i have used pdanet and easytether they both work but with i had to mess with there drivers a lot. i dont remember exactly what i did the is a tutorial online. I just ended up rooting the phone and getting barnacle wifi tether. Just tryna to figure out how to connect to ps3 now :)

ftpex

Reaction score
Tried that

Hello currently I have a droid ally and I use pda net to tether. The driver is a bit tricky windows doesn't know what to do with the ally. If you go to http://www.junefabrics.com/android/driver.php theres a link for LG driver. Download and Install that.
I download the drivers per the instructions. I download the driver installed it rebooted ran add remove hardware and it comes back with found unknown usb controller, cannot install this driver.
when I try through the pda.net download error 3 cannot find device. I have tried this on two different computers. I cannot get to the actual drivers all their are windows installer packages. I cannot even get to an inf to try the installation through the device manager. I stick with my you cannot teather the ally. unless some can answer why I am getting those messages.

ftpex

Reaction score
easy tether is the same

Hello currently I have a droid ally and I use pda net to tether. The driver is a bit tricky windows doesn't know what to do with the ally. If you go to http://www.junefabrics.com/android/driver.php theres a link for LG driver. Download and Install that.
I download the drivers per the instructions. I download the driver installed it rebooted ran add remove hardware and it comes back with found unknown usb controller, cannot install this driver.
when I try through the pda.net download error 3 cannot find device. I have tried this on two different computers. I cannot get to the actual drivers all their are windows installer packages. I cannot even get to an inf to try the installation through the device manager. I stick with my you cannot teather the ally. unless some can answer why I am getting those messages.
easy tether shows installing lg usb modem, no drivers found then in the control panel you see an unknown device. Easy tether fails also.
I am still at the droid ally will not tether.

Jprosser

Reaction score
I found the drivers for the ally online, installed them I believe there are 3 or 4 different ones & then went from there. You. Have to have usb debugging enabled & I believe you do NOT mount your phone when plugged in. I do not remember exactly
Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Jprosser

Reaction score
Also you have to have the desktop client for both easy tether and pdanet. I use windows 7 so I know that it does work

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Yes the lg ally will tether. I have two computers one with windows 7 and one with vista. The one with windows 7 installed easy and works great on my wifes ally. However I can not get the driver that I used on the windows 7 computer to work on the vista one. It says failed to install modem driver or something. I keep getting the messages that you all are getting maybe this will help us figure this out...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Download easytether. It will give u the program for ur phone and allow u to download the app for ur comp. I use it for wired tether on my ally and barnicle wifi tether for wireless tethering

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

gadgetskopf

Reaction score
If you go to the developer's web site for easytether, there is a list of compatible devices. The Ally is on three list with a link to three necessary drivers. Those worked for me when the ones on LG's site would not.

Here's the link to the driver:

http://www.mobile-stream.com/beta/LGAndroidDriver_WHQL_ML_Ver_1.0_All_Win7.exe

It indicates Win 7, but XP drivers are in there too.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

tkazar

Reaction score
Hey jprosser did you ever get your ally to tether to the ps3? Ive been trying for a while now and cant get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Using wireless tether on a rooted ally allows me to connect to mine without any issues as the program prettty much turns ur ally into a hotspot. No drivers. No cables. Click the screen to enable it, use the ps3 to find the signal, connect. Very easy. Do it daily.

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>