Tethering

shockwave72

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have kind of a weird question, so bear with me here. My android tablet can connect to an unsecured wifi network in my neighborhood. Now, being that I am connected to that network, is there any possible way to share the tablet's connection to that network with other wifi enabled devices? The reason I ask is because I just got an iPhone 5 about 2-3 days ago, and it has an iOS update that must be downloaded. I can still use the phone of course, but of course it would be nice to have the latest update. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Snoking

Reaction score
So you are pirating your neighbors internet service and want us to help you do more of that? I do understand those that do not secure their networks get what they deserve! If your tablet connects on WiFi, why does the phone not. Maybe you should invite yourself to dinner for a stronger signal? Chris

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does the iPhone need Wifi to download the update? If not, just download it via your 4G connection.

As to your first question, I don't believe that if your tablet is using a Wifi connection that it can also be used as a hotspot for another device. I'm sure others will chime in with a more definitive answer.

OP
S

shockwave72

Reaction score
Does the iPhone need Wifi to download the update? If not, just download it via your 4G connection.

As to your first question, I don't believe that if your tablet is using a Wifi connection that it can also be used as a hotspot for another device. I'm sure others will chime in with a more definitive answer.

Yes, the iPhone does need wifi to update. Which is odd because on my old droid 3 I could download files of any size over 3G. Is there an iPhone workaround to force it to download over 3G? Sprint unfortunately does not have LTE in my area yet.