Wifi Tied to Google account?

Bralio

Reaction score
I've done some cursory searching, and haven't found any smoking guns yet, so here goes.

Had a demo DroidX last month for 2 weeks, and loved it. I have a wifi network of course, with a hidden SSID - phone worked great on it.

Ordered one, and it arrived today, through work - phone arrived (at the office) got it all set up, activated, and was configuring the wifi to connect at work. Went in to manage wifi networks, and my home network's SSID was listed as a 'remembered/out of range/encrypted as blah blah blah' network.

This phone has not yet been to my house, and again, the SSID is hidden, etc.

How on god's green earth is this possible? Is my Google account storing this info somewhere?

Thanks.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I believe your Google account save all the settings, passwords, networks, contacts and much more.. I always had the same phone but i have flashed through several Roms many times and every time i do i reset my phone, after flashing and signing back into Google account the WiFi network and every else syncs right back.

OP
B

Bralio

Reaction score
Yep - am finding more info now and it appears you're right.. might have gotten trigger-happy with the posting.

:)

Many thanks!