Toshiba Thrive wifi problems

garraty24

Reaction score
I have yet to be able to connect to my home network with my Thrive. After doing some research on the web this seems to be a pretty common problem. The Thrive sees my network and either acts like it connects or it just hangs on the obtaining IP address. If you search Google for my Thrive will not connect to wifi this seems to be the common symptoms and I have tried all the common remedies posted on the web. Turned off and on wifi, restarted router, made sure I,m on the correct frequency 2.4 GHz, tried making it use a static IP, factory reset, ect. ect.
I made sure Mac filtering is off. Had a couple of friends come over and test their laptops and another Thrive. All 3 laptops was able to connect and the second Thrive could not. Both Thrives are Non-Rooted.
Today I spent the better part of the day searching the web and analyzing my connection and what I have found is that it fails TCP. I found this by using the Network Tester app from the market.
So my question is what do I need to do about TCP is this some option on my router or the Trive itself. The only thing that cannot connect to the net in my house is this tablet. It connects easily most other places so I figured may be router but I messed with router all day tried everything and again only thing that doesn't work is the tablet
I have a Netgear Range Max 3700 as the main draw from net then I have a Netgear 3300 set up as an Access point that the Thrive actually connects to. Both broadcast N and G and I made sure that I was on a 2.4 GHz band.
Everything looks like it should work. It hands my Thrive an IP in the correct range it shows I am connected but if I hit browser nothing ever loads.
When I ran the tests it always failed TCP.
I honestly suck at networking and figure it may be how I have my AP set up but I reset both of my routers yesterday and it is still doing the same thing.

salonick

Reaction score
Obtaining IP address from....

I am having the same problem with my Toshiba Thrive. I can connect to my home wifi perfectly fine and when I originally come in to work, I can also connect to the wifi here at the hospital where I work. However, after a few hours the Thrive loses its wifi connection and will not reconnect. It is continually stuck on Obtaining IP address from... When I return home after work, the Thrive automatically reconnects to the home network and repeats the process again the next day upon returning to work.

I spent over a 1/2 hour on the phone with tech support which led to nowhere. Turn it off..turn it on...remove the battery...turn it back on...select never disconnect under policy. They actually told me to reset the router...at work...in a hospital! My cell phone is connected to the wifi here at work...so why won't my Thrive stay connected?

If anyone has any input on this...I would appreciate the help since it is obvious that the woman reading from a script at tech support has no clue as to what she is doing.

jhudtwalcker

Reaction score
hi... I finally solved the problem... I think your problem is the same: domain, workgroup

you have to tell your tablet you are using a WEP conection, and it would let you input the ip address....

salonick

Reaction score
hi... I finally solved the problem... I think your problem is the same: domain, workgroup

you have to tell your tablet you are using a WEP conection, and it would let you input the ip address....

Can you give me some insight on how I do this? I have searched around on the tablet and can't seem to figure out how to do it

calialva

Reaction score
Answer?

Did you ever get an answer and solved the wifi connectivity? I am still stuck!
Please forward it to me!
Tks!