Testers Needed for new kernel version v3227 (MIUI Compatible)

jdlfg

Reaction score
Im looking for a couple testers to run this new kernel version and report any bugs.z

Standard voltage ( please read this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/95404-low-voltage-causes-high-android-system.html) very informative thread.
Scaling on demand by default
Posting this one v3227 850 MHz standard voltage.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6011176/v3227/jdlfg850-v3227-Jan-WEEK01-Sun-08_36AM.zip
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6011176/v3227/jdlfg1100-v3227-Jan-WEEK01-Sun-02_37PM.zip 1125 MHz tester

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6011176/v3227/jdlfg900-v3227-Jan-WEEK02-Thu-12_19PM.zip 900 MHz Tester

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6011176/v3227/jdlfg1100tester-v3227-Jan-WEEK02-Thu-05_29PM.zip 1100 MHz Tester

More to come this is just a test run. I will also be working on kernels compatible with cm 7 rc's.

Installation: Place on root of sd
Boot into recovery or from rom manager install rom from sdcard.
Install zip from sdcard
Choose zip from sdcard
select zip.
Done.

TMYINC

Reaction score
I have ran your kernels a lot so I would be willing to give this one a try. I am actually on MIUI 1.1.7.0 right now so it would be a good time to try it out!

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Gonna try this out in about 10 minutes. Ill report results at the end of the day.

Sent From My Gingerbread Droid 1

boostedhonda

Reaction score
Well results weren't too good for me. On froyo and gingerbread it locks the phone up as soon as the phones finished booting up. Kinda weird because I've never had a problem with my phone using a kernel. I'm thinking since its after its done booting its like setcpu is locking it up as soon as it gains su permission. Ill try again in a lil bit without setcpu on.

OP
jdlfg

jdlfg

Reaction score
Well results weren't too good for me. On froyo and gingerbread it locks the phone up as soon as the phones finished booting up. Kinda weird because I've never had a problem with my phone using a kernel. I'm thinking since its after its done booting its like setcpu is locking it up as soon as it gains su permission. Ill try again in a lil bit without setcpu on.

Which build?
Setcpu to. Ondemand@boot

TMYINC

Reaction score

I would say make sure all of your presets from the previous kernel are off before flashing. Anything that has "Set on boot" checked might cause it to bootloop. Not sure if that is the problem, just a thought I had.

TMYINC

Reaction score
So far everything is going well on MIUI v1.1.7.0. Have it set to On demand, sampling rate at 30000 and up threshold set to 51%. Screen off is set to min 300 and max 450 as well as the charging profile. So far no hiccups and no heat issues. I will continue to run it the rest of the day to observe battery life and such. Im looking forward to the rest of these kernels. Hopefully they will be updated on Rom Manager also. Thanks jdlfg for such awesome kernels.

TMYINC

Reaction score
jd,

Are you running a MIUI ROM over a Lithmod rom? If so why? Should we try it out?

I was just thinking that he posted here since he supports LithiumMod and his kernels are usually what comes with Lithium Roms by default.

OP
jdlfg

jdlfg

Reaction score
jd,

Are you running a MIUI ROM over a Lithmod rom? If so why? Should we try it out?

I have my Droid 1 laying around. It is not my everyday phone. However, I am not running MIUI but made these kernels compatible for the MIUI build at the request of a few friends. My D1 has lithmod installed. These kernels are built with standard voltages across the board. I am sure that they will show significant results in battery life and performance once released officially.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I flashed these kernels on the new miu build 1.7. so far so good. I am using setcpu with on demand settings. Now the key is battery life on this baby. Ill post later with results. I usually use chevey med voltage 800mhz and get battery life for average usgage about 16hours.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll look forward to being able to use these on lithmod. Will you be posting them on Rom Manager for us when they are stable?

OP
jdlfg

jdlfg

Reaction score
I'll look forward to being able to use these on lithmod. Will you be posting them on Rom Manager for us when they are stable?

Once stable I will post in rom manager and here.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Here's an update. After I fully charged my phone, I wiped battery stats in recovery and then booted. My phone locked up the minute it finished booting up. I pulled the battery out and tried again. But it kept locking up. So I reflashed another kernel in recovery and phone working now. Look forward to testing another kernel.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
I've been running the kernel since you posted it. With UD3, haven't had any problems with it. Battery life seems the same but it's still early. Performance has been good.
Think I can get a faster one: 1100 maybe?