Testers Needed... Darkside Theme [WIP]

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am making a theme that darkens the already dark stock look of UD 2.3 and I would like some testers to help me find bugs or find any big dislikes. Before you decide here are some things to think about....

1. This theme's lockscreen is setup for my font and will look bad with other fonts, I will be making a universal theme later but for now this is how it is..
2. I do not use the rotary lockscreen so I don't even know how it looks with this theme, if there is enough interest I will get to those too.
3. Right now, this is not a full theme but I will be releasing more as I complete each app.
4. The theme darkens the apps and has several tweaks to menus, etc.
5. Certain things like 3g signal and battery are left colored so that their status can be seen easily and quickly.

Be sure to make a backup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before installing BE SURE TO SWITCH TO DEFAULT FONT......

Take a look and see what you think, let me know of any bugs... I am sure you guys will find some, but that is my plan....

Thanks and I hope you like it

Included: framework, keyboard, email, mms, talk, vending (tweaked Bowers version)..............

More to come........

You guys are welcome to post screenshots, I will get some up later if no one does..............

Attachments

• theme_update.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 175

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not bad, looks nice, maybe a little bit of shine would make it stand out a little more from the dark background.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, shine where?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm backing up right now. Will install your theme as soon as that is complete. I love me some dark!!

Here's my current home screen:
CAP201011300920.jpg

Note: This cap is actually from Nightly 11/28. But my current is the same except for the battery icon.

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, just so everybody knows, this is a WIP, so right now some things are missing namely wallpapers and such... I will be getting to them but these are the big apps outside of phone and contacts and I will be getting them next....

Adrioid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I like the shades of grey on the keyboard, but it could use some lighter colors to make it stand out.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Like lighter or grayish numbers?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I do like it. My suggestions are minor, I think.

1. Can the 3G icon have the 3 & G side-by-side? Not a deal breaker, just my preference.
2. I like the solid, totally black background on the keyboard better. Again, this isn't a deal breaker for me, but I would probably remove the keyboard from your theme and keep BD's the 2.3 keyboard.
3. I love the font!!
4. You probably already know this, but on the unlock screen the in the slider, the "sound" has a green line behind it. Also, on this screen I would like to see the two arrows be red (just to add a little flash!!).

Seems to be a great first attempt to me!! Keep it up, please. :)

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The green line behind the sound slider means its on, slide it and it will eventually go to red meaning the sound is off...

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I will get to it eventually but I haven't tried changing any of those yet..

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Great start!

Besides the gmail bug u mentioned, I noticed a bug in your keyboard (which I LOVE) on one of the symbol keys on the main sybol screen as well as on the "period longpress" and the top row multitouch "swipe up" it says Gamp instead of one of the symbols, not sure if it's the same symbol in all 3 places or not.

Also in gtalk the mobile indicators are invisible, I have an inverted gtalk with visible indicators. If you want let me know.

I don't use the email app so I'm no help to u there.

I like pretty much everything about the theme so far except I might be able to do without the font (somewhat tough on the eyes imo)

Great start though, I look forward to more!

Sent using the DF app, from a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away

OP
ecsnead69

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not sure what that is? those symbols come from the system so I don't know... as far as the mobile indicators, are they the little androids sort of leaning to the side? thanks