[THEME][WIP] Kuro Black by yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
UPDATED: 1.18.11

Thanks to ecsnead for letting me use some apps (calculator, contacts, dialer, pandora, gmail, email).

Thanks to cujo6801 and kingdroid81 for their testing behind the scenes and providing feedback. Much appreciated and make testing much easier. Thank you guys for your input!

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW FIRST:

1. This theme has extra apps that are themed that will go into /system/app, as well as the framework. If you do not have enough system space free...the framework will not apply, and you will only get themed apps applied.

2. Clear out some space in /system so that you have at least 10mb free space on there. I recommend removing unused languages from /system/tts/pico_lang (only leaving the US language), and move bootanimation from /system/media to /data/local. This should suffice in opening up enough space (and I do this all all my ROMs anyway)

3. ADW blacked out AND launcherpro are included. decide which you want to use...delete the other. You can do this BEFORE you flash the zip if you want. Just open the zip, go to system>app folder and delete the apps you dont want to include....then flash. OR you can use Root explorer to delete later.

Features:

1. Ninja lockscreen. meaning slider images are transparent and invisible until you touch and slide. this includes phone and sms icons as well.​

2. notification pulldown and status bar theming.​

3. Circular battery with percentage indicated.​

4. Kuro notification (some sense images included, some my person images I used in Kuro for MIUI)​

5. Custom Kuro icons ported from MIUI​

**Be sure to change clear notification color in UD settings if it is not a dark color.

KUROV2

Last edited:
OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
some screens up, this is a WIP as well.

Plan on updating dialer.

As for the theme, I made this theme for my personal use really, but figured Id share with everyone. I know its not a lot, but it is a WIP, any future changes will be no wipe flash installs.

EDIT: Funny thing...BD must have misnamed or mislinked the "mid" brightness .png file in framework, because the "mid" shows "low" in the notification bar. Yes....I DID name the files correctly too...dont know why the toggle for brightness is like that. Ill try to fix the toggle .png if I can find out which one was misnamed in UD2.5.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I ran this on MIUI...awesome theme people.

clk55r1d3h

Reaction score
I like it, especially the battery icon...I'm going to revert back to UD just to try this...good job..

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I ran this on MIUI...awesome theme people.

Thanks ck! I have been on a little hiatus, but not dead. Just super busy at work, and limited time to play around.

thanks for the kind words

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Need some help.

Need to make menu background darker so the white text shows up better.

(ie youtube, popup button background like ok/cancel).

Seriously need to change this cause youtube search recommendations are not visible.

OR...

An xml edit to make the text black....that would actually be better for me.

Last edited:

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
throw up a screenshot so I can see what you mean for sure.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
screens of what I am talking about.

I would prefer to have black text and leave the backgrounds alone. That would be the best outcome for me. I would prefer to do that than to leave the text white.

Thanks for any help.

Troops2990

Reaction score
Looks good but I have a couple of recommendations if u want..can the buttons on dialog boxes be darker since u can't see the "yes" ir "no" when they pop up and could u add some colors to the power widget and the phone icon. Otherwise good job and liking it so far

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks good but I have a couple of recommendations if u want..can the buttons on dialog boxes be darker since u can't see the "yes" ir "no" when they pop up and could u add some colors to the power widget and the phone icon. Otherwise good job and liking it so far

yessir thats what Im working on. Actually going to make the text black instead of the buttons darker. That way youtube search recommendations will show.

I ported the kuro miui power controls into the power widgets. I didnt plan on changing to colors..just the polished metal and black. Ill consider it, but if you wish to do this, it can be accomplished using gimp 2.6, and extracting the drawable-hdpi-v4 folder from the framework-res.apk file and making them what you like...and packing it back up and flash it. :)

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you are going to go thru each app and do some xml editing. Not tooting my own horn here, just trying to help.... check out the Team Inversion Conversion section and look at the inverted apps as a reference. since you want black text with white background, you could do the opposite of what we do.

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yeah...figured that was what it would boil down to.

Thanks for the help.

Troops2990

Reaction score
Also for some reason my battery icon is not updating

OP
yakitori

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Also for some reason my battery icon is not updating

? thats a first. It goes by 20 percent increments. Try a reboot. Works for me.