Test Build of Ice Cream Sandwich Sneaks Out for the Droid Bionic; Maybe Coming Soon?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-bionic3.jpg

Here's some interesting Bionic news for today. Supposedly, this weekend a test build of Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich for the Droid Bionic appeared on Cheesecake (for those who don't know... Cheesecake is an application that scans Motorola's servers for interesting new stuff). This build is just an unflashable engineer's build, so is unusable for now. However, it obviously points to the possibility that we may see ICS come to the Droid Bionic sometime in the next few weeks. We will keep our eyes out for you.

Source: BionicForums.net via XDA

jerkwad

Reaction score
FINALLY!!!

now we can stop hearing all the bionic owners complaining about Verizon not supporting them ;-)

*ducks and runs off*

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Well moto said early Q3 for Bionic. So this is on par with that.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to notice though, the RAZR and D4 folks got a hell of a lot more. At least THEIR builds are useful for something and can actually be installed.

Bionic gets the short end of the stick, again.

ExodusC

Reaction score
Glad to know Bionic users are still getting some ICS goodness. I'm still stuck on my Droid 2 Global until my Samsung Galaxy S3 ships from Verizon. However, the awesome community developers who do work on the Droid 2 Global have made my phone usable by giving us CyanogenMod 9, AOKP, MIUI, and even more ICS-based ROMs. Not sure what I would do without them!

sugarfoots

Reaction score
I'm almost sick of caring about ICS. Jellybean is going to be out before we get ICS.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bionic's camera isn't all that horrible for a phone cam, anymore. I recently had an opportunity to take a flight in an LC-130 Hercules with the local Air National Guard wing, and used my Bionic to take all of my pics. Got a really nice one of Niagara Falls that i'll add to this post once I figure out how. Bear in mind, the Niagara Falls pic was taken out of a dirty C-130 window, the pic of the aircraft out of a dirty bus window.

View attachment 50967View attachment 50966View attachment 50968

Last edited:

jerkwad

Reaction score
Those definitely look good for a phone camera! Great shot of the falls... But I am a sucker for aircraft photos, great shot of the Herc! Those look no better and no worse than my RAZR pictures.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
dgstorm said:
Here's some interesting Bionic news for today. Supposedly, this weekend a test build of Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich for the Droid Bionic appeared on Cheesecake (for those who don't know... Cheesecake is an application that scans Motorola's servers for interesting new stuff). This build is just an unflashable engineer's build, so is unusable for now. However, it obviously points to the possibility that we may see ICS come to the Droid Bionic sometime in the next few weeks. We will keep our eyes out for you.

Source: BionicForums.net via XDA

Lol I was the one who found it on Thursday night an tried to install it for 2 days then I found out it was an engineering build lol I should have know it was cuz it was 302.6 mb which is way to big for a patch lol that size is a full operating system here is the screen shot I took Thursday night

View attachment 50970

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those definitely look good for a phone camera! Great shot of the falls... But I am a sucker for aircraft photos, great shot of the Herc! Those look no better and no worse than my RAZR pictures.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, not to go too far off topic, but the chance to fly in the Herc was like a dream come true from the days when I was a kid. I work at a local college, and the 109th Airlift Wing had an educator day event with a tour of Stratton ANGB, lunch (huge trays of assorted Subway subs) and to top it all off a 2 hour flight in the Herc. I responded to THAT email literally seconds after it hit my inbox.