Tell me why you like the Note 3

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You know that G3 Forum is going to be ROCKING!!! :bling: If your picking one up, I know BKDodger is in on one, I know SmallTownGirl13 has talked about picking one up, I'm all-in, I'm sure there's going to be crowd coming around that I'm sure I haven't even counted for yet...

We really should be discussing this in the G3 Forum.... So lets share our G3 stuff there....

LG G3

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I would expect the Note 4 to go on sale in October and no later than November. And I plan to upgrade from the Note 3 the first week of availability.

The screen real estate is the biggest factor for me as I read a great deal and the Note 3 has replaced my Kindle, Nexus 7, and iPad. In fact I gave away the Nexus and iPad.

But I wouldn't depreciate the usefulness of the S pen. Once you get into the habit of jotting notes I think you find that there is no other input method that is faster and simpler.

If I could dictate one improvement I would like in the Note 4 it would be front facing, better quality speakers.

I would agree with you there since it would be a good marketing strategy to release it for the holidays. I guess I can hold out that long. And, I don't use a tablet or anything but I was considering that the size of the Note would make me not want a tablet. You pretty much confirmed that for me. I'm also considering keeping the S3 as a backup phone and not selling it on eBay like I have every other phone since 2006. I don't feel like taking it back to stock is one reason for hesitation :) The one concern I have about the N4 would be the price.

OP
bohemouth

bohemouth

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!
I think the Note 4, when it comes out may be tooo rich for my bank account, considering I have a huge photography addiction and if the Note 4 were $200 or $300 on contract I would likely spend that on some new lenses, and I would like to see how the flexible material actually works before I shell out dough for it.. Hence my desire for the Note 3 I want to use it as a wireless remote and mini photo editing machine. I think the processor would be good enough for that, however I hope it will last me two years as the MAXX HD has been soooo good to me, it makes me comfortable to know I don't HAVE to upgrade right away because my phone now is awesome, but I want to trade up from awesomness to super-awesomness and longevity.

Tell me this s-pen users, can I hand write down a date and have it saved to my calendar of events? can I hand write someones phone number and have it saved to my contacts, can I hand write a text and have it sent as a transformed typed text to someone else. I am much quicker at writing than i am typing, which is why i am so intrigued with the s-pen.

outside the s-pen can I speak a reminder and have it remind me later in the day so i don't forget? I guess that is more a S-voice or Google voice thing?
Thanks again for all the positive responses!

biglilome

Reaction score
i don't know if i can keep up with all these new devices. but i really like the note 3!!

mboswell

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hello! I also have a RAZR Maxx HD and am also looking at the Note 3. I have played with one and it looks like a great phone. I see a lot of great reviews, too. My main concern...the only one, actually, is battery. How long does your battery last you all? I've been seeing posts on here that the KitKat update is killing battery faster? I guess I'm just looking on general battery thoughts.

Thanks to the original poster for opening this discussion. It is as much a benefit for me as it is for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

bjorn65

Reaction score
The battery on the Note 3, is great and it is replaceable and you can carry a.extra.one. plus it.charges very fast.with.the.usb 3.0 charger.

OP
bohemouth

bohemouth

Reaction score
Thanks for adding on! I hope the kit katvupda e doesvwell for the Note 3 as it has the biggest battery I have been reading about. I just got the kit kat update on my RAZR MAXX so I may wait till note 4, however chances arevi I cant_, I am very impatient!
Ha!
Hello! I also have a RAZR Maxx HD and am also looking at the Note 3. I have played with one and it looks like a great phone. I see a lot of great reviews, too. My main concern...the only one, actually, is battery. How long does your battery last you all? I've been seeing posts on here that the KitKat update is killing battery faster? I guess I'm just looking on general battery thoughts.

Thanks to the original poster for opening this discussion. It is as much a benefit for me as it is for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

pixeline

Reaction score
As far as Note 3 is concerned I'm still in diapers. Have only had for a week and have only scrached the surface.

But off the top of my head ... what I love about the Big Guy so far:

The screen size of course.

Battery lasting from I get up in the morning till I go to bed at night.

The good microphone at the bottom of the phone - has a very pleasant sound. I am very in to podcasts and now I can listen without headphone og external speakers. And still enjoy it. Not good enough for music IMHO :)

The fact that Samsung has changed the shiny slippery back cover for a fake leather one, which looks good and feels soft to the touch.

The S-pen I'm not into yet ... but looking forward to makeing it's accuantaince (soon).

That's about it for now ... but as I said I've barely scrached the surface. And I feel I have a lot to look forward to :)

pix