Tell me why you like the Note 3

bohemouth

Reaction score
Hey y'all.
I've been away from the forum for a super long time, and I am at that time again...UPGRADE TIME!!! I have the droid RAZR MAXX HD which I love, however I have been obsessing over the Samsung Note 3 but I want to know from you folks over here what you do like about it, what you don't like about it? does it get hot after you use it a lot? is the call quality good? do you actually use the s pen? has it worked great for you the longer you have had it? do you think it's better than the S5? (I go back and fourth, but i always fall back in love with the Note3). I like the S-Pen idea as I am an avid note taker, I love to draw and I read a lot of newspaper articles on my phone, I like am app happy, and i load a lot of music and audio books from audible.com. I want to know if it is acually a good PHONE, as well as mini computer. Things like heart rate monitor and fingerprint scanner and retina display I think are gimicks. I like this forum and and the people here have always given me sound suggestions and honest opinions about their experience with their phones.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
General consensus is the Note 3 is a good product. Keep in mind that the Note 4 is coming soon. You may want to wait and get the 4 or jump on a good Note 3 price.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Bohemouth, the Note 3 isn't just a good phone, it's a GREAT phone, and the S-Pen is just frosting on a marvelous device. By all means, do as Jeffrey suggests and check out the Note 3 now, because with the advent of the Note 4 later this year, you'll be able to grab a good deal on the existing Note 3s.

matthelm007

Reaction score
For me the best 10 things are as follows:

1. Screen size.
2. Screen size.
3. Screen size.
10. Screen size.

:happy3:

I do like the speed and battery life.

skipbl92

Reaction score
The Note 3 is basically the SGS4 on crack + screen size + S Pen = Awesomeness x 10!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My contract is up in October. I'm going with the Note(x) but not sure when the Note 4 will release, how much VZW will charge for it, and how much the Note3 will be selling for by then. Decisions, decisions!

jspradling7

Reaction score
The Note 3 does have a lot of great things going for it, but it's greatest asset is that my wife likes it so much that she doesn't ask to play with my phones. : )

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The Note 3 does have a lot of great things going for it, but it's greatest asset is that my wife likes it so much that she doesn't ask to play with my phones. : )
Looks like I need to get my wife a Note...

KaChow

Reaction score
The Note 3 is a great device, but as soon as the LG G3 comes around, you may see a Note 3 go up for sale... :biggrin:

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The Note 3 is a great device, but as soon as the LG G3 comes around, you may see a Note 3 go up for sale... :biggrin:

I can't wait for the G3 to hit the market.

NOVICE

Reaction score
I would expect the Note 4 to go on sale in October and no later than November. And I plan to upgrade from the Note 3 the first week of availability.

The screen real estate is the biggest factor for me as I read a great deal and the Note 3 has replaced my Kindle, Nexus 7, and iPad. In fact I gave away the Nexus and iPad.

But I wouldn't depreciate the usefulness of the S pen. Once you get into the habit of jotting notes I think you find that there is no other input method that is faster and simpler.

If I could dictate one improvement I would like in the Note 4 it would be front facing, better quality speakers.