Tell me why i should not sell my maxxhd for htc dna

markymark

Reaction score
That's it?? That's nothing.....I say stream HD YouTube for 20-30 mins and web surf for at least the same amount of time to really have a better idea on battery usage. But that's still surprisingly good.

:) There was some web surfing in there too, along with a couple hours of streaming music from sirius/xm. No streaming video though.

Right now at 1d 13h 10m my battery is at 67%. Granted not heavy use, but it is normal use for me. Obviously if you are streaming video you will drain faster. But still you will get much better life relative to other phones. I bet streaming video on that monster DNA screen will drain your battery in a hurry.

mgrande

Reaction score
Holy smokes! I thought I was getting great battery life, by the end if the day I'm usually down to 45%.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
WiFi Hotspot hasn't been turned off since I got the Maxx HD. I stream Netflix on my tablet all the way to and from work (1 hour drive to work). Then I stream Netflix on and off while at work during periods of slow times. Phone lasts until I get home. I took it off the charger yesterday at noon. After working a 12 hour shift today, the phone died when I walked through the door of my house at 3am.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I hate to say it, but after using the DNA for a week I decided to check out the MAXX HD again as I missed it's battery life. Boy is this display small! The bezel on the HD is huge, especially the top and bottom, and with the on screen buttons you only get around 4.3" of usable display. Even though this is the newer HD version, the display has very obvious pixelation as well, worse than my Thunderbolt :(

I'll just have to wait until either Samsung catches up to Motorola in the battery and radio department, or wait for Motorola to get better looking phones with a better display and camera.

Hodor

Reaction score
geoff5093 said:
I hate to say it, but after using the DNA for a week I decided to check out the MAXX HD again as I missed it's battery life. Boy is this display small! The bezel on the HD is huge, especially the top and bottom, and with the on screen buttons you only get around 4.3" of usable display. Even though this is the newer HD version, the display has very obvious pixelation as well, worse than my Thunderbolt :(

I'll just have to wait until either Samsung catches up to Motorola in the battery and radio department, or wait for Motorola to get better looking phones with a better display and camera.

I'm sorry but I have to call bs on this one. The display is "not" small and to honestly notice any "pixelation" you literally need to be examining it with a magnifying glass. You are honestly comparing this to a thunderbolt??

This phone is beautiful! The battery life is UNBELIEVABLE! The camera is fine. The call quality and signal strength are incomparable. You cannot go wrong with this phone if you a sitting on the fence undecided.

pblakk

Reaction score
markymark said:
:) There was some web surfing in there too, along with a couple hours of streaming music from sirius/xm. No streaming video though.

Right now at 1d 13h 10m my battery is at 67%. Granted not heavy use, but it is normal use for me. Obviously if you are streaming video you will drain faster. But still you will get much better life relative to other phones. I bet streaming video on that monster DNA screen will drain your battery in a hurry.

That's impressive actually. There you have it, the DNA is one power efficient son of a gun. Result: battery complaints reduced.

clintro

Reaction score
I don't think he was saying he got that on the DNA.... was he?

AirJunky

Reaction score
I looked at the DNA but have never owned an HTC so I didn't really consider it. Plus it seems to be a bit larger than the RAZRs, which is too big already.

Plus I feel like I need to buy a phone that serves it's purposes in as many circumstances possible. On an average day, with chargers at home, work & in the car, in areas with good cell coverage, I don't see either phone being an issue. But if I am not near a charger all day, or for a whole weekend, then I want a phone to survive. If I'm wearing shorts, I need it to fit in my pocket. If I shoot some pics or video & want to show it off on the TV later, I want the ability to do that. The RAZR Maxx HD seems to do all that.

markymark

Reaction score
No, I think he was talking about his Maxx HD.

:) Yes I was talking about the maxx hd. Finally put it back on the charger this morning after 2d 14+ hrs, at 36% left.

I wouldn't even consider buying the DNA with that measly 11g of usable storage.

markymark

Reaction score
I'm sorry but I have to call bs on this one. The display is "not" small and to honestly notice any "pixelation" you literally need to be examining it with a magnifying glass. You are honestly comparing this to a thunderbolt??

This phone is beautiful! The battery life is UNBELIEVABLE! The camera is fine. The call quality and signal strength are incomparable. You cannot go wrong with this phone if you a sitting on the fence undecided.

LOL...no kidding! Pixelation? Come on. That's just nuts. Like I said before, you can barely tell the difference between 720p and 1080p on a 52" TV. Some channels like ABC, ESPN etc only broadcast in 720p. If you can't tell the difference on a big screen TV, how are you supposed to tell on a 5" screen? You would have to be holding it 2 inches from your face, and even then you couldn't see it.

Whatever. The screen looks damn good to me. And plenty big enough. To each their own.... :)

And why would I "upgrade" to a phone which, at 11g of usable storage, couldn't even hold all the apps and music I had on my 2 1/2 year old droid incredible? Seems more like a downgrade to me.

motty69

Reaction score

I have to agree 100%. I upgraded to the Maxx HD from the Thunderbolt and the Maxx's screen is much sharper.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2