Tell me why i should not sell my maxxhd for htc dna

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
So far it seems like most of you are telling me to keep it,and that part about the size of screen eats up most of the power,your right i used 80% the first week I needed every bit of juice.

mgrande

Reaction score
You mean it took you a week to get down to 20%? Or you have been getting down to 20% after a full day? So far I'm at 45%-25% at the end of my days. I'm definitely in the honeymoon phase and at night I play a lot of games with the screen turned up. I couldn't imagine having a battery half this size.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
You mean it took you a week to get down to 20%? Or you have been getting down to 20% after a full day? So far I'm at 45%-25% at the end of my days. I'm definitely in the honeymoon phase and at night I play a lot of games with the screen turned up. I couldn't imagine having a battery half this size.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
Until I installed gsam battery monitor I couldn't figure out where I was using the most power,it turned out to be the screen display I had it as bright as it could be and I was using 80% display.So I'm good now that I got that down.
THANKS

KaChow

Reaction score
Sense is awful! It is likely that AOSP on the DNA, will be a heavy challenge, getting rid of the all the bloatware and improving the efficiency of the kernel and battery for optimization levels. With all that said Maxx HD will soon have the upgrade and gain from stronger development that pushes the capacities of our Maxx HD's, high Quadrants and days without a charge. For me the Maxx HD is a win-win. dancedroid

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Battery life will be the only thing I can say.

The DNA...its a newer phone, newer specs... If you asked this question, you're kinda leaning towards the DNA..lol Also sounds like you are into chasing specs, new phones. Good luck with that. I did it once, but never again....I think....lol.

About battery for the DNA....it should be on par with the GS3 and One X. Both of those are good for battery life IMO. Me personally...I like Amoled screens now, flaws n all. It would take an amazing LCD screen to pull me away. I havent seen the One X, I need to check out the one on the DNA. Figure out what your wants n needs are and go from there. Historically HTC and Samsung has had better cameras than Motorola.

But.... if you say the Samsung screen was too big..I assume you mean the GS3...the DNA is even bigger...

And of course it will be Verizon's new Flagship....it has the Droid name. For real, almost any new high end phone is Verizon's new flag ship..but the Droid line gets extra attention from Verizon.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
And of course it will be Verizon's new Flagship....it has the Droid name. For real, almost any new high end phone is Verizon's new flag ship..but the Droid line gets extra attention from Verizon.[/QUOTE]

Every phone Verizon gets is their flagship, their selection of phones is dismal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums

OP
roach

roach

Reaction score
Is this a serious message? Or you just foolin us?
this a serious message until i get my hands on one,moto is the only phone i ever had,never had any problems since i got my first one the A388 and i still got it,it's even got a calander on it.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
roach said:
this a serious message until i get my hands on one,moto is the only phone i ever had,never had any problems since i got my first one the A388 and i still got it,it's even got a calander on it.

I'm a motor lifer, tried multiple phones and always come back to moto.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Droid Forums

Mike8016

Reaction score
I hate HTC. Stick with either Motorola or Samsung

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

HeavyC

Reaction score
I just had to chime in on this. Stick with the Maxx HD, definitely. The only thing the DNA has going for it is the screen.

For one, it just came out on DL that the JB soak will be happening any day now.

Also, what good is a phone with great specs that is crippled by it's battery and storage? I play games on my phones, and they are getting bigger every day. With the DNA, you really only have 11gb of usable storage. Let's say you install Dark Knight Rises, Nova 3, Modern Combat 3 and Asphalt 7. Those 4 games would leave you with around 4gb of storage left. Oh, and ALL of your pictures and HD video add straight to that total. Not to mention, that there are hardly any games that are compatible with the DNA. Check out Engadget's review. They could hardly get anything to load on the device because of the resolution.

If you don't plan on rooting, Sense is terrible. I used it on the One X for awhile and will never go back. It hogs resources, lags and just doesn't feel like Android.

One last thing, check out this review regarding battery life. There are many more like it.

HTC Droid DNA review | The Verge
"The DNA offers a lot for the $199 asking price, but the miserable battery life and occasional performance hiccups are reason to pause before hitting that purchase button. A great display alone unfortunately cannot make up for the DNA’s other problems. Verizon users looking for a new Android smartphone have a number of other options at their disposal, including Samsung’s still relevant Galaxy S III and Motorola’s pair of Droid RAZR HDs. But if you must be the guy with the highest resolution display on the block, the Droid DNA is the one to get."

geoff5093

Reaction score
I just had to chime in on this. Stick with the Maxx HD, definitely. The only thing the DNA has going for it is the screen.

For one, it just came out on DL that the JB soak will be happening any day now.

Also, what good is a phone with great specs that is crippled by it's battery and storage? I play games on my phones, and they are getting bigger every day. With the DNA, you really only have 11gb of usable storage. Let's say you install Dark Knight Rises, Nova 3, Modern Combat 3 and Asphalt 7. Those 4 games would leave you with around 4gb of storage left. Oh, and ALL of your pictures and HD video add straight to that total. Not to mention, that there are hardly any games that are compatible with the DNA. Check out Engadget's review. They could hardly get anything to load on the device because of the resolution.

If you don't plan on rooting, Sense is terrible. I used it on the One X for awhile and will never go back. It hogs resources, lags and just doesn't feel like Android.

One last thing, check out this review regarding battery life. There are many more like it.

HTC Droid DNA review | The Verge
"The DNA offers a lot for the $199 asking price, but the miserable battery life and occasional performance hiccups are reason to pause before hitting that purchase button. A great display alone unfortunately cannot make up for the DNA’s other problems. Verizon users looking for a new Android smartphone have a number of other options at their disposal, including Samsung’s still relevant Galaxy S III and Motorola’s pair of Droid RAZR HDs. But if you must be the guy with the highest resolution display on the block, the Droid DNA is the one to get."
I find it funny that everyone who wants to bash the DNA quotes the Verge, when every other review site such as Engadget, Cnet, Android Police, Android Central, Droid Life, etc. have nothing but positive things to say about the battery.

Storage and battery life are more important to some, and less important to others. For me, pretty much every day I have access to a charger at home, work, and in the car if the need arises (although I'm hoping it won't), so I would rather have a phone with higher specs, larger display, higher quality display, awesome camera, and great looks that I get to enjoy rather than having a phone that will last 2 full days, but that I don't really enjoy using. As for storage, some people need more than 11GB, for me though I don't game on my phone with the exception of the occasional Angry Birds, that's what my tablet is for. I never found it that much fun to play a FPS game on a small phone display... Having said that, even with 60+ apps, 500+ photos, 15+ short videos, and a nandroid backup I'm only using 3GB out of 64GB on my Thunderbolt.

I am lucky enough to have unlimited data with Verizon, so I don't care about streaming data from the cloud, Verizon has no one to blame but themselves for forcing this on me!

HeavyC

Reaction score
I find it funny that everyone who wants to bash the DNA quotes the Verge, when every other review site such as Engadget, Cnet, Android Police, Android Central, Droid Life, etc. have nothing but positive things to say about the battery.

Storage and battery life are more important to some, and less important to others. For me, pretty much every day I have access to a charger at home, work, and in the car if the need arises (although I'm hoping it won't), so I would rather have a phone with higher specs, larger display, higher quality display, awesome camera, and great looks that I get to enjoy rather than having a phone that will last 2 full days, but that I don't really enjoy using. As for storage, some people need more than 11GB, for me though I don't game on my phone with the exception of the occasional Angry Birds, that's what my tablet is for. I never found it that much fun to play a FPS game on a small phone display... Having said that, even with 60+ apps, 500+ photos, 15+ short videos, and a nandroid backup I'm only using 3GB out of 64GB on my Thunderbolt.

I am lucky enough to have unlimited data with Verizon, so I don't care about streaming data from the cloud, Verizon has no one to blame but themselves for forcing this on me!

I kinda figured you would be the first one to reply to what I said. You returned your Maxx HD, and you love HTC, I get it. For one, Droid-Life hasn't even released a DNA review yet, let alone comment on long-term battery life. I did see the reviews from the other sites you mentioned as well. I frequent The Verge often, so of course I would point to their review. There are more like it.

HTC Droid DNA review: Stellar screen, bad battery life | TechHive

Data Speeds, Call Quality, and Battery Life - HTC Droid DNA (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

And an editorial regarding HTC batteries overall: Featured Editorial: Dear HTC, Where’s My Battery Life? | Android News, Phones, Tablets, Apps, Reviews - Android Headlines

Now, I'm sure fans of HTC will love this phone. It will be solid, but it's main selling point is really the screen, which in the next 3-4 months, there will be plenty of 1080p phones to choose from. The storage and battery are deal breakers for many people, including myself. So if you get it, great! I hope you enjoy it!

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
The way smartphones are popping up is crazy,and I no I can't keep buying them when a new one comes on the market,I have owned droidx,bionic and waited a very long time for the so called danari or droid fighter which turned out to be the maxx_hd which I have now.I wanted a big display and the samsung was way too big.
This htc_dna is looking good all the way around and it's powerful & good looking, it looks like it will knock out the maxx_hd and will be verizions new flagship smartphone,so until I get it in my hands I can not make a decision.

DNA, really? Do you want a larger phone that is tough to lug around because the OG battery on the DNA is not very big. I tried the G3 and it sucks. Gave it tot he wife and picked up the Maxx HD.

twstdv6

Reaction score
Just recently played with both at the store, the DNA is nice, the big screen was addicting to some extinct, was just about to buy it and something told me to place a call from the demo DNA. So I called my wife to check the call quality and she said I sounded like I was echo'ing alittle, not much, said it wasn't as clear as my old razr maxx. So i called from the demo razr maxx HD and sure enough I could tell the clarity right off and wife said It was clear and clean, I hate phones where I have to re-adjust the phone just to hear what someone is saying. That was the deal breaker for me...bought the maxx HD and I could'nt be happier!

2001400ex

Reaction score
For me, I bought the maxx hd even tho the DNA kills it in every respect except battery and storage. To me, battery is number 1 priority and I am often traveling and don't want to be tethered to a power outlet. In addition, my 32 gb is almost full, would have been tough getting down to 11gb.

That's me tho. For my wife, I would get the DNA because the battery would be adequate for her and same for the storage.

I personally like sense, tho I found go dialer, which fixes the dialer on the maxx which I don't like. It is similar to the HTC dialer.

Hope that helps.