task killer

cdogg777

Reaction score
Lots of friends say you can't have a droid with out task killer. Too many apps constantly searching network, slowing phone down. Many have said their phones are slow until they kill tasks.

Then i read an article that says DONT use any task killer. It goes directly against how the OS operates, and doesn't help anyways.

Thoughts?

(I just got a TB, and it's my first droid)

ultrastigi

Reaction score
No task killer. There are a lot of threads bout why not to have it. I would link them but I'm on my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hemorrdroid

Reaction score
Lots of friends say you can't have a droid with out task killer. Too many apps constantly searching network, slowing phone down. Many have said their phones are slow until they kill tasks.

Then i read an article that says DONT use any task killer. It goes directly against how the OS operates, and doesn't help anyways.

Thoughts?

(I just got a TB, and it's my first droid)

First, it's actually not a droid, yes, it does use android. Droid is a specific brand of phone Two different things there. (Kind of like buying a new Camaro and saying its my first Corvette)

If you have some rogue app that you want to kill you can use a task killer to kill it, the bad rap task killers get, is from when you have them set up to auto kill every once and a while, or when you kill all running processes. If you just use it to kill the offenders, then that is ok. However, if you kill all tasks, then some of them start right back up. Doing this repeatedly takes its toll on your battery life. Will it hurt anything else, no.

ultrastigi

Reaction score
I didn't mean to come off as angry or anything. Just letting you know there are treats bout it. I think even Google went on record saying its not good either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

cdogg777

Reaction score

Ya, that's what I read that made me uninstall my taskkiller. Then I ask a couple tech guys i work with who said if they don't kill tasks their phone is really slow. I'll probably just follow hemrhoids method though.

And I didn't take offense. I frequent other forums and am annoyed at people who keep asking the same questions w/out using "search" to find a similar thread. And I did just that!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Then I ask a couple tech guys i work with who said if they don't kill tasks their phone is really slow.

Send them here....We'll straighten them out :D