Task Killer/Taskiller not good your phone

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Some people swear by them, but most believe they are not needed. The operating system is smart enough to start and stop apps as needed. One way to hurt your performance is to continually kill apps which the OS continually restarts. I think the calendar is one of those. Not sure of the others. In general if you are going to use one I would kill apps which you stat personally and not ones you see running which the OS has started. Of course that is al just my opinion. There are many more on here. Here is one of the many threads on the topic.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

pyro6128

Reaction score
I think it depends on why you use it. If youre using it for memory, youll prob be ok without it. But I use it anyway cuz I notice my phone speeds up when I kill apps. I also like it because certain apps like to drain the battery faster than others. I like killing those fast. Lastly, I like to kill programs that have personal info. I use personal assistant so I can monitor my bank accounts. You have to log in to get into the program, but once you do that, it stays open and allows access to those accounts unless you actually close it, and that means not just hitting the home button. So when I'm done with it, I kill the app, then no more worries. Sure you can end all of these apps by creating a shortcut to the apps manager in the settings and manually ending the programs you don't want to run, but simply pressing the app kill icon is easier for me personally. The camps seem to be fairly divided between whether to use or not, but you're not going to find a clear answer. So I suggest giving it a try with and without and just seeing what works for you.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Killing a rouge app is a good use....killing apps just because you like to see high free memory is not a good use.

samiusmc

Reaction score
I use Advanced Task Manager. I exclude all native apps and have it set up to automatically and sometimes manually kill only the apps that I installed. Some of the apps in the Market are written in a manner that could slow down your device if you keep them running. I figure if you don't do anything to revise the manner in which the device utilizes its native applications, than killing 3rd party apps causes no harm and speeds up your phone.

pyro6128

Reaction score
something i've been wondering. Apps that I have widgets open for, i should put those on my ignore list, correct? I've been killing them anyway, since I kill all the apps except weather widget donate. I havent noticed a decline in performace from those widgets, but I notice those programs run in the background anyway after I kill them. So by killing them, am I just slowing down my phone a bit by making the apps have to open again?

moot

Reaction score
I use the kill all function when an app stalls and I cannot close it through usual means.

M

Matth3w

I use Advanced Task Manager. I exclude all native apps and have it set up to automatically and sometimes manually kill only the apps that I installed. Some of the apps in the Market are written in a manner that could slow down your device if you keep them running. I figure if you don't do anything to revise the manner in which the device utilizes its native applications, than killing 3rd party apps causes no harm and speeds up your phone.
Same here. I exclude everything like GMail etc...I use that to kill apps like Sports Scores, etc. Even if it's not needed, something OCD about me likes to kill apps that I'm not using (outside of the typical Android apps like GMail, messaging, etc)