Better to not use Task Killers?

Nibbz

Reaction score
I've been reading articles for and against task killers. What are the majority of users stance here on the issue? Also with my specs (see sig) would you recommend I use a task killer?

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
dont use task killers because android has a task killer that will control your tasks for you. task killers will kill task that you need to have running as well. they are just bad things 99% of the time.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Because I couldn't say it better myself: :)

Written by Martin030908
Android was designed from the ground up as an operating system (OS) for mobile devices. Its built-in application and memory-management systems were engineered with battery life as one of the most critical concerns.
The Android OS does not work like a desktop operating system. On a desktop OS, like Windows, Mac OS X, or Ubuntu Linux, the user is responsible for closing programs in order to keep a reasonable amount of memory available. On Android, this is not the case. The OS itself automatically removes programs from memory as memory is needed. The OS may also preload applications into memory which it thinks might soon be needed.
Having lots of available empty memory is not a good thing. It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data. So, like every other operating system in use today, Android does its best to keep as much important/likely-to-be-used information in memory as possible.
As such, using a task manager/killer to constantly clear memory by killing apps is strongly NOT RECOMMENDED. Generally speaking, you should only "End" applications if you see one which is not working correctly.

droidman101

Reaction score
task killers just slow your system down, they use resources to kill apps, and some of those apps just keep restarting themselves so its useless to kill them :) if youre rooted i suggest using autokiller, only for the sake of killing an app thats giving you problems